A Culinary Chef (9)

I groan in pain. "Practice is killing me." I let out a large sigh. Kenma hums in response, "yeah, my body hurt watching you guys." Kenma grimaces. "I mean I see how you guy are so good, but your guys practice looks painful and stressful, even Kuroo isn't that hard on me." Kenma says. I nod, attaching out my shoulder. "That silent ace label, I don't mind ny friends saying it, but whenever my coach uses it, I don't know. It pisses me off almost." I say. "I don't know, I think it's pretty cool," Kenma glances to me. Now I released we're the same height, if he fixed his posture.

My face heats up, even in this cold spring weather. "You think so?" I ask. Kenma nods, "it's cool to be the ace, and the silent part does fit you, in a way. More you can just go into coed place to place... you're quick, I guess." Kenma says blankly. I nod, thinking about my plays.

"We're at your house." Kenma said. I looked up and we were. "Do you want to come over and do homework or something?" I asked him. He glanced at me for a second. "We could always invite Kuroo and Aiko over or something." I shrug. Kenma sighs. "I'll ask my parents, I don't think they'll mind since it's Friday." He says starting to dial a number on his phone.

He talks to the other side for a bit, I'm not really listening to what he's saying, more thinking about why I asked him to stay over. "They said I can stay." Kenma said. "Huh, oh okay. Do you want to invite-" "no that's fine." Kenma said waiting for me to walk him inside.

I twisted the door knob and it didn't budge, my eyes widened that meant my mom was home. "Shit." I whispered. "Huh is everything okay? Do you have your keys?" Kenma asked. I nodded slowly, cautiously dropping my backpack to the ground, hoping Kenma'd find a reason to leave. I start digging in my backpack for my keys till I found them.

I slowly opened the door, and smelt the alcohol almost right away. I took Kenma's hand and quickly ran him past the messy living room and then to my room. "I'm sorry I didn't know my mom was home." I said embarrassed closing my my door, turning my head away. "It's fine." Kenma said as I spray some of my favorite perfume in my room. I sat on the floor next to my bed, unpacking all my homework that me and Kenma shared in common.

"What of this did you get done?" I ask handing Kenma a worksheet. He examined it, "none." He said. I chuckled, then sighed trying to get semi comfortable from all of my aching bones.

"Are you still sore?" Kenma asks. I nod slowly, with my eyes closed. "Want me to give you a massage?" He set down his Nintendo and looked down at me. I shrug "if you want to," I say. "Yeah, but you'll owe me." He semi-grinned. I nodded.

He got on the floor and sat behind me. We awkwardly moved around for what felt like hours (about 1.5 minuets) till we found a comfortable position, I sat in between his legs. He starts to rub my back and it feels really nice, reminding me of when Aiko would give me massages, those were the times when me and Aiko were closer than ever and were each others only, and me and my mom were super close and I'd get a new poster or figurine every week (showing my crowded room now.) of course I was still quiet, but things were... better or rather, more simple.

I rest back head back on Kenma's chest, while he rubs one of my arms out. "Did you hear me," he asked looking down at me. I just now noticed his hair, how it falls over his face, the fading colors from when he died it and the roots start to grow in. His cold brown eyes, that made me flustered... and then I realized something about them. They had that same mysterious gaze, that empty and intrigued look. That empty feeling the boy in my dream had. All of a sudden I was back in that parking lot staring at a boy in a hood, the boy was Kenma, holding my hands.

"Sorry what'd you say?" I ask apologetically. Kenma became a flustered red. "N-nothing. I didn't say anything important." Kenma says, while going back to rubbing my arms.

I let out a moaning like sound when he hit a rough spot on my arm, my face heated up immediately. "H-hey are you hungry?" I tired to get out of the situation quickly. His face was plain like always, but intriguing or can I say cute? Maybe he didn't hear me. He nods, "yeah kind of." He says. I nod standing up. "I don't think we have much of real food,  but do you like apple pie?" I ask hesitantly, not wanting to leave him in my room alone too long, or have him go in the kitchen.

His face lights up and he nods quickly. I smile lightly. "I'll be right back." I say, he nods and I walk to the kitchen, and take out the pie.

I know my mom is passed out on the couch, I know there are beer bottles surrounding the counters, and I know at least one champagne bottle is on the living floor, but I'm choosing to ignore all of the above.

I bring back two slices of pie, and some whipped cream in case he wanted some on top. "Uhh here," I hand him a plate and he digs in quickly. "This is really good," he says in a heavenly like voice. I smile, "I made it," I say, his eye widen. "Really?" He ask quickly. I nod slightly. "I'm good at volleyball and all but I'm good at cooking too, sometimes I wonder if I should go to a culinary college." I say looking at my ceiling. He smiles, "you'd be good at it." "Thanks." I smile back.