Chapter 71-80

Chapter 71 Not so happy

  Xu Fenglan's broken leg is actually recovering well. She can get out of bed with crutches and drink water and eat without any problem. However, it is impossible to cook by herself.

  She watched helplessly as her husband and children happily went to the restaurant. Zhao Mingxiang also shouted that she wanted to eat meat and shaomai, completely ignoring her as a patient.

  Xu Fenglan wanted to scold someone, but since she was injured, she has never scolded her children. Over time, she has become unskilled in her business. Before she could think of how to start, Mingxiang and Minghong had already left the house.

  She cursed at the bright but empty room for a long time, her stomach growling with hunger.

  When people are free, they think about eating. Now she has to eat three meals a day on time, otherwise she will feel hungry and panic.

  Xu Fenglan grabbed the crutch and got out of bed, and walked out to the living room with some difficulty. At a glance, she saw biscuits, apples, and a pack of unopened snacks on the coffee table.

  She limped over and ate an apple first, and then a few biscuits. The biscuits were the most common calcium milk biscuits. Although they were good things, she ate them many times and didn't feel they were that good. After eating, she felt her throat was dry, so she poured half a glass of water and drank it, then opened the package of snacks.

  It is her favorite walnut cake, and it is from Wangji. This walnut cake uses pure peanut oil. The walnuts and black sesame in it are solid and have a lingering fragrance in your mouth.

  Xu Fenglan ate most of the bag and felt that her stomach was full. She drank another half a glass of water before she went back to the back room and lay down contentedly.

  She was almost asleep when she heard the voices of her husband and children.

  Xu Fenglan curled her lips and waited for them to come in and apologize to her.

  However, after waiting for a long time, no one came in. It seemed that everyone had forgotten about her.

  Xu Fenglan wasn't too angry at first, but then the more she thought about it, the more angry she became. The clock on the wall rang four times, but no one came. Ming Xiang Minghong's laughter in the living room made people's heads hurt.

  She drank two glasses of water at noon, and now she couldn't hold it in any longer.

  Xu Fenglan cleared her throat and shouted loudly, "Wandong, come on!"

  Zhao Wandong didn't come, but Zhao Mingxiang came over quickly, holding half an orange in one hand, and asked with a smile, "Mom, what can you do?"

  Xu Fenglan glared at her angrily and asked, "Where is your dad?"

  Zhao Mingxiang answered with a smile again, "Mom, dad went to the factory to sell off the goods, and he said he would start working tomorrow!"

  Xu Fenglan was stunned. She had no objection to her husband going to work. Now that her injury was much better, and there were three children at home, it was enough to take care of her alone. Zhao Wandong could earn an extra salary if he went to work.

  It's just that he didn't tell her about this in advance, which meant that he really didn't care about her.

  Xu Fenglan said angrily, "Mingxiang, help mom go to the toilet quickly!"

  Zhao Mingxiang blinked and handed her the crutch, but refused to step forward to help.

  Xu Fenglan glared at her eldest daughter again, and was about to curse, when Zhao Mingxiang said shamelessly, "Mom, I can help you, but we agreed in advance that it's fifty cents a time!"