•° ♦ 1 ♦°•

word count: 600~682

Trigger warning~ None Enjoy

\•° °•/

I woke up to the sun beaming in my eyes as Xora cuddled up next to me. I tried my best to be quiet and not wake her up as I got out the bed, I took a peek over at Nelani and covered her up a little more before going downstairs to make some breakfast. Lately Nelani has been sleeping in are bed, so we brought her bed into are room.

Her nightmares have gotten worse by a lot. Normally she'd wake up whining but now she's been waking up screaming and hollering. I could understand why she has no parents, her mom....is gone, and so is her dad. It's just not fair how can someone do that to a little kid? I don't understand.

But we found something that soothed her when she got upset. It was going on walks in the park and she would try to memorize every dog she saw and draw them honestly. It's a talent to memorize all the dogs. Me and Xora decided it would be fun to get her a dog for Christmas as a surprise.

Tonight's movie night which means we're all going to the market basket and grab some snacks.
I grabbed the pancake mix out of the cabinet and put it on the counter next to the glass mixing bowl.

I poured the powder into the bowl and picked up the bowl to add in the water. I put the bowl down on the counter and went to the fridge to grab the fruit for the fruit salad. Xora doesn't always eat pancakes, she prefers fruit sometimes so just in case I'm making salad.
I grabbed the bowl of pancake mix and poured little dollops into the non-stick pan.

I started with Nelani's pancakes. I put them on the plate so they could cool off and I repeated the same process with making Xora's pancakes and placed them onto her plate.

After finishing everyone's food including mine, I took out a few Strawberries, Raspberries, cotton candy grapes, a can of pineapples, and green apples.

And placed them on the cutting board to cut, I started with the grapes then worked my way through till I finished cutting up all the fruits.

I poured them into a bowl and added honey to the bowl before mixing everything together.
Then both the girls came downstairs which was perfect timing because I had finished cooking everything.

"Good morning Li!" Nelani cooed at me as she ran over and hugged my leg.

"Good morning, Lani!" I looked down at Nelani and smiled. She loved food especially after waking up.

Xora came over and grabbed are plates and Nelani grabbed her plate.

"Good morning, Honey" I turned my head and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Good morning, sweetheart." we both walked over to the table and Xora sat down while Nelani looked out the window over the back of her chair at the squirrel, I grabbed the fruit salad

"Would any of you girls like some fruit salad?" I gestured at the bowl and Nelani shot back around in her seat.

"ME! ME!" She screamed at me with excitement but seriousness.
"Ok" I chuckled and scooped some salad onto her bowl.

"Is that ok?" I asked and Nelani nodded and began to eat her food.

"Thank you unce unce" I never understood why she never pronounced the 'L' . She knows how to say 'uncle' but she's a kid so it's ok.

"Thank you, Honey bun!" Xora giggled as I poured some onto her plate.
"
You're welcome!" I said making sure it was for both of them and not just Xora. I couldn't wait to eat my food.

\•° ♦ ♟ °•/

~Authors' note~
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii this is the first chapter of the sequel. I seriously need to be more active........

anyways hope you guys enjoyed love you all and don't forget to vote have a blessed rest of your day!

merry Christmas and happy Kwanzaa
(I know it's tomorrow but if I don't post that's why I'm saying it)

\•° ♦ ♟ °•/

🤍🩵🩶🤍🩵🩶🤍🩵🩶🤍🩵🩶