Chapter 15: Before The Fall

(Corky: *slow clap*...y'know...congrats on both parties...yall managed to pull together, and pick choices that would help Y/N!...however...congrats to me~... and hiding their true purpose~...have fun~)

After an entire day...yes...an entire day, of rest...you woke up from your room in the Vesper lounge before getting back up...

9: are you rested now Y/N?...

Your eyes quickly widened as you looked to the right wall of your room...9 was standing there...watching you...

Y/N: u-uh...yes ma'am...

9: good...I've checked your current readings...the connection is currently at 97%...please remain at this level of connection for the next-

Snail: Unit 99...make your way to the debriefing room...

You heard Snail speak through the PA systems of the base before exiting your room with a slight fearful shiver running down your spine...

9: Designated Host:...Y/N...please wait...

You turned to 9 with a confused expression...

Y/N: i-if I don't go...h-he-

9: irrelevant...I speak to you of your original machine...G-1 unit 99...

Y/N: Scuttles?...what about him?

9: stand still...this will only take a moment...

Without question, you followed her command...yoy stood completely still befor-

Y/N: AH, nGh-!

You felt a sharp pain in the back of your head...but...it wasn't from a shock?

Y/N: w-what was that?!

9: please make your way towards the briefing room...

You opened your eyes through the strange pain before seeing the blue path, and the marker leading the way...

Y/N: w-wait a minute, what was -

Snail: must I make an example of you, boy...

Another shiver and wave of fear crossed your mind as you immediately ran out of the room in a hurry...but...you did look back at 9 one last time...

She had her back turned towards you, but...she was eyeing something with a focused expression...

In any case, you quickly turned tail and followed the path in a hurry...

*...some where in Rubicon...*

Inside a dark hangar

Inside a dark hangar...a fourlegged machine laid in wait...before-

before-