Chapter 27: Spiders Have Claws Too!

(Corky: good job...)

From the out side, your machine remaind in place...while inside...w-well uh-...You were kinda terrified...

You didn't know how to approach this situation...despite being in it before, but-...this felt different...

The machine's and forces against you...they seemed more stone walled than those you had to go upaagjsnt before...not to mention their equipment looked to me vastly more adavce than scuttles...no offense to Scuttle ofcourse...but still...

Here you were...in a four legged machine against what appeared to be a vastly superior force...

9: calculating mission success...Y/N...a choice must be made...

9s voice rang in your ears as your felt your breathing hitch...

What could you do?

In your own ruination, your mind jumped from possibility, to possibility as your usual conductive posture began to weaken...your knees feeling ready to give out from the pressure...that was until-

???: ALL GROUND FORCES, A SECOND INTRUDER HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN THE REFINERY!

A loud and alarmed voice shouted through the open comms...but the next voice-

William: Code 23...attending scene...

William!?- William's voice echoed in your machine as a glimpse of joy appeared in your eyes...!

But-

9: Y/N...we have an issue...I've tapped into their surveillance system... Mercenary AC: "Raven"...has broke into the facility...

Your eyes shot wide open...was it...was it Nightfall?...or was it the Raven you knew?...your core...or better yet your heart, was racing.

9 was right...a choice had to be made...and fast...your objective quickly shifting...

Save William

9: recommend action...break thr-

Y/N: w-wait!- I'm not here to fight!...

???: HA!- as if we'd believe that...

The strangly shaped but advanced looking machine leveled what appeared to be some sort of laser Lance towards you.

???: don't act like you havent been causing issues all over Rubicon...if anything?...the system is right...we take you out?- we take out a whole coral movment before it happens...

The second machine came to his side.

???2: don't take it personally...we just hunt down who ever is on the list...

The ranged speced machine leveled what looked to be a plasma weapon towards you...as a bright blue light could be seen growing inside the barrel.

9; Y/N...an exchange of words is Ill advised...recommended action, non-le-

Y/N: i-...just let me try 9...

You spoke to 9 in a concerned and almost begging like tone before facing the music.

Y/N: o-ok...look!...t-the person that just got here...the one named Raven...it might not be the one I personally know...but if they are the one I've met in combat...t-then...William...

(Close range head hunter)
Crhh: wait a damn minute...the commanding officer?...the one in an HC?...you've got to be joking...and trust me...I ain't laughing...