Chapter 17: A Shell's View

Rusty pov

I made it to the hangar as I walked through the large metal double blast doors

Rusty: well...time to get to work...

I cracked my fingers and slung my gear around my shoulder before heading over to Steel Haze.

But before I climbed up onto a lift, I looked over at the entrance to see Freud walking out in all his usual pilot gear.

So with a casual smile, I walked over to him...

Rusty: Freud...about ready?

He looked to me with his usual confident smile before responding.

Freud: once I'm in Locksmith, I'll do this mission myself...but-uh...have you seen the little bot roming around?...haven't seen him since the sims...did pretty well...

I looked at him with a little bit of concern before answering.

Rusty: no...wait, I thought he was with you...right?

He shook his head as I now felt a wave of concern wash over me.

Freud: no, but-

Before he could finish his sentence. We both heard the hangar doors open up again...and Y/N was walked right through as if nothing happened. Both myself and Freud looked at eachother with a confused expression as I made my way over to him.

Rusty: Hey, kid. Heard you did good in the sims!- you ready for the mission now?

I asked in a cheery engagement tone, but...the response I received was...different...

Y/N: ............

With his covered eyes...he only looked at me before turning away. But strangly enough, when he faced me...the usual blue hue I saw under his mask reflecting off of his face wasn't blue anymore...it war red...and it flashed several times before going into a steady light as he turned away

Rusty: what the-...?

Confused, I looked to Freud who shrugged towards me with the same expression before heading over to his AC. But upon looking back at Y/N once more, I had almost completely lost track of him. Only briefly catching sight him hopping into his newly gained AC...as to how he got there so quickly though, was a total mystery to me.

I only watched as his AC immediately began its start up process, as the Basho built machine began to huff and churn with its older frame softly vibrating with its genorator.

Snail: V4 !!! Get to your AC, and prep for transport!!!

My focuse on the kid was shattered as I looked to see Snail inside his AC standing next to one of the transport choppers hustling several grunts and different personnel into their respective transports.

Rusty: huh...straight to business then...

I got back into the lift next to Steel Haze before quickly making my way into the cockpit.

Rusty: alright buddy...let's do it...

Raven pov

I stood up from the cargo container I was sent flying in before taking in my surroundings.
.
.
.
Well...it wasn't much different from what I've been seeing already...

Frozen and iced hills as far as the eye could see. With a few super structures either protruding through the snow, or yet remained to be covered by frost

Ayre: Raven...I feel it...

Arye's voice echoed in my mind as her tone hinted at mystery, and discovery