Chapter 23: The Beast of Rubicon (part 1)

(Corky: but he ain't the same~)

Ziyi: Y-Y/N!- Slow down! Your body just got patched up! You need to rest-!

But Ziyi's words fell on deaf ears as you practically lept down an emergency flight of stairs, making the sheets of metal that held the platforms bend slightly as you scurried back into your feet.

Ziyi: how in the hell can you even move like that!?

Ziyi screamed as she gave chase, stepping down the stairs as fast as she could...but you didn't really care...

All that was on your mind was your big'ol spider bud!-

??? W-whoa, what the-!?

You rushed into a hallway before finding yourself in a huge hangar with decrepit and rusted machines surrounding every side. But you payed no mind...not even when the few gun'ho, and trigger happy people in the crowd you ran through aimed their weapons at you.

Ziyi: wait, don't shoot him!!!

Ziyi held out as she had just exited the stairs and into the hallway. Only seeing a beating glimpse of you dashing through the hangar and towards a small fire escape door.

Almost immediately, you were pushed back a sudden gust of wind. But you crawled back into your feet while using your larger right arm to shield yourself a bit, as you walked out into the open bitting winds of Rubicon.

As you walked put side, I caught sight of people in strange vehicles with wheels. With some of them having some pretty dangerous weaponry attached to them. But once more...you simply ran past them with a smile before standing before a giant stone and steel wall...

It was around this point that you had finally noticed rhat you were standing in the middle or a massive dam complex. With frozen water you had managed to not slip on...yet...

Either way, a massive wall stood between you and your massive robot companion...but...the last time you saw Scuttles was when you where thrown down back at the outpost...so how...

Then you had an idea...

Y/N: SCUTTLES!!!

you screamed up and into the sky as your voice echoed and bounced across the stone and steel meshed walls.
.
.
.
Then you could hear it...

(Corky: black box go brr~...0:00-00:15)

A loud and strange mesh of sounds echoed back at you as the frozen ground beneath your feet began to shake and vibrate...

9: Y/N...

You heard 9 speak, but you were to focused on thus violent melody...until it got louder...

You noticed how the sound of somthing sharp digging into the wall began to travel upwards until managing to catch sight of Scuttles standing defiantly up top...it's gaze remaining unfocused before slowly turning to face your general direction...

it's gaze remaining unfocused before slowly turning to face your general direction