Chapter 26: The Dancing Spider...and Singing AI

You walked into the hangar with your head held high...probably because  everyone you passed by was offering you little trinkets and...offerings?

Strange enough to say, you did have some idea as to why they were acting this way.

9 had just shown you a video recording of you fighting Tank...and scuttles...the moment when you had laid your hands along its chassi when using the seraph protocol...and inevitably blanking out after that...

A meter of measurement pertaining to Coral extract and density...

In the video, the meter went well above the average amount...or atleast that's what 9 had told you...and the recording had ended shortly after a wave of coral washed over it...however it was all so strange...

You didn't hear the voices of the coral. Even if you were passed out like you were, you knew that the moshpit of voices and emotions in the coral would've woken you up...but you were quiet...if anything, it looked like you were peacefully sleeping in the video!

Instead...you felt...whole....that was the only way you could've worded what you felt after the encounter...

In anycase, 9 made the hypothesis that because of the Liberation Fronts dedication to Rubicon and the coral that resides within...she...mentioned it kinda made you look like a messiah?...due to your hold over your own coral of all things...truly...strange...

9: turn left...the hangar should be ahead...

Y/N: T-thanks 9...this bag is getting kinda heavy...

9: that wouldn't have happened of you had refused their gifts.

Y/N: b-but it felt rude!...a-and...-

You pulled up a dark laminated bar...of somthing called...Choco-latea?...yes

Y/N: and, I've never really had any snacks like this...besides, I'm trying to see if I can taste things too!

You shifted in delights before putting the bar of Choco-latea back in your bag. Not long after, you stepped into the hangar once more...

Upon entering, you noticed the few and many elongated glances aimed towards you as you made it to Scuttles. But not before yo-

Freddie: Y/N...!

You turned your head to see Freddie with a wrapped package in his hands.

Y/N: O-oh!...u-uh...hi Freddie... h-hey, I wanted to thank you for patching me up again after my duel with Scuttles...

Freddie gave you a warm smile before waving his hand aside to dismiss the severity of your gratitude.

Freddie: don't mention it...I actually watches you move around in the video...thought these may come in handy~

He put the package in front as an offering as you placed your bag down to pick it up...

A simple tear of the package, an-

Y/N: *gasp*