The truth and only the truth

Ama be straight up honest here! I have no idea what was going on and trust me normally I do know what was going on around me but this woman grabbed my hand, then screamed something about her, something about not being humain and something about me being insane. I really don't know what was going on but I was currently laying on the ground because my own body gave in. She seemed a bit shocked but was petting my head while saying something that I couldn't really make out.

seems like I am too out for this...

Maybe I should just rest...

Guess I can also forget my little job here too...

Then what should I do?

While my body was refusing me, my mind was working a bit and maybe a more than just a bit in a hurry. I couldn't really do anything else than just lay down there and wait till I started to regain the full controll of my body. It felt like forever but it seems as if it was just a couple of minutes. Anyways when I tried to stand up this woman pushed me back down.

Woman: Nah ah! You stay down. I already called the ambulance. They are on the way.

Me: But I am fine.

Woman:  Says the one who just collapsed on me.

Me: Sorry but who are you again?

Woman: A friend of Mic and Eraserhead.... I am pro hero Midnight.

Me: The R-rated hero?

Woman: Yup and now shush. Try to regain your energy kid.

Me: I am really fine.

Woman: Not with your fever!

Me: ...ahm...

Woman: What is it sweety? Does it hurt?

I felt her hand touch my cheek and it just felt soo cool that I unintentionally started leaning against her hand. What I did miss however was that she meant my wounds. She was touching them and they should hurt but right now I just felt more tired and sluggish than anything really. I thought it would be fine but apparently my fever relapsed again.

Midnight: Izuku?

Me: Hm?

Midnight: How did you get these wounds? Did the manager do this?

Me: No.

Midnight: Is he your father?

Me: What? Nooo.

Midnight: Are you working here?

Me: yeah... It's kinda nice here.

Midnight: You do know that it is illegal to work in here with your age, right?

Me: Yeah... 

Midnight: Why are you doing it then?

Me: They pay well.

She could ask me anything and right now, I would tell her anything because my mind was quite clouded and I didn't had the energy to actually think of another answer than the truth. It was just how I was right now and how bad I felt. 

Midnight: Is money the problem?

Me: Kinda.

Midnight: Alright... you don't have to say anything else.

Me: Am I in trouble now?

Midnight: What? Nooo... noo sweety. You are not. There are just people who are worried about you.

Me: I can't think of anyone right now... 

Maybe this was not the best answer I could give her but hey, I sure had no one. My mom wouldn't really care and maybe she would even be more happy knowing she didn't had to care for me anymore. Then my father was a bit of a nutcase on his own so I highly doubt that he actually cared for me. Besides these two, there were no other family nor friends I had so who would actually give a shit if I would die or not?

Midnight: We care! Mic and Eraserhead as well as me. There are people who care sweety. Don't think like that.

Me: Pff-

Midnight: What's soo funny?

Me: Mic and Eraserhead only care for their kid. I can help them so I have a value.

I did smile while I said that and I could tell that this was not something she expected me to say but this was how it felt. Why else would they still want me to come around. They were heroes so yes they care but that was also their job. If they wouldn't then I would really start doubting their profesionalism. Then again I never actually saw this woman before and this was the first time I met her. Why would she care besides knowing Eri and then Mic and also being a hero? The circle was closing itself once again. Then someone tell me I was wrong here.

Midnight: That's not true!

She didn't really get to say more because the medics from the ambulance came in and it was starting to get cramped inside the room. Also they decided to load me on something so they could just push me out since I was not allowed to walk. Something about not trustworthy to rely on what I say. Oh well whatever now I had to actually face the consequences of getting transported to the hospital. My mother will for sure not like the news... I could bet on that.