Forty Five

As soon as Maya go home from school on Wednesday, she got started on her homework. At least whatever was left of her homework.

She wanted to make sure she was paying attention during her date with Ty rather than think about all the homework she had.

Maya spend Monday and Tuesday nights staying up trying to get ahead of her homework. She also spent her study hall completing her assignments to make sure she didn't have anything Wednesday.

Unfortunately, she had some math homework left. She had a few worksheets she needed to turn in the next day.

They were too bad. 

Whenever Maya was confused, she would go to her math teacher during study hall and occasionally after school to go over what they did in class to make sure that she knew what was going on.

Math wasn't too hard for Maya. If she constantly practiced, she knew what to do, but if she was slacking off, that's when she feels like she was losing it.

Maya stopped by her teacher's classroom before meeting up with Mason to go over what they were going to do to make sure she had some sort of idea what they were going to do in class.

As soon as Maya was done with the worksheets, she put them away in a folder and packed her backpack.

Her parents, like usual weren't around. 

She wished she was surprised, but she wasn't.

She and Peter hadn't seen much of their parents lately. 

They've been constantly traveling or working late most days.

Since Maya was the older sister, Peter was mostly in her care. She took care of Peter and made sure he was safe and well fed. She made sure that she was able to help him with his homework and everything.

Maya got ready for her date with Ty.

Peter knew that she and Ty were going out on a date. 

Seeing that Peter might end up being home alone, Maya made sure that he was at a friends house while she was gone.

He made plans to go to McKenna Grace's house, where some of his friends were going to be at.

Maya contacted McKenna's parents in advance about possibly picking Peter up a little late and if it was okay if he stayed there until she was done with everything.

She told them that her parents were out of town and that Peter would be home alone. As soon as they knew, they said okay and that they will take care of him for a few hours.

Maya was nervous about the date. 

She and Ty met up at a sushi bar near the Santa Monica Pier. 

Maya waited for Ty near the restaurant.

"Hey," Ty said when he finally came.

"Hi," Maya said.

Maya felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter as they hugged.

"Ready to go in?" Ty asked.

"Yes," Maya said. "Let's go."

Ty took Maya's hand and led the way.

They held each other's hands tightly to make sure they didn't lose each other as they walked to the sushi bar.

Ty's grip on her hand tightened as they navigated the crowds.

They finally got to the restaurant, Ty told the host that they had a reservation under his name.

The host took them to their table and handed them their menus.