Forty Nine

Prom came around and Maya and Rachel got ready together.

Chase asked Rachel to go to prom together. He had a whole promposal planned with Maya, Mason and Ty.

Maya helped with setting most of the stuff. As soon as they saw that there wasn't much left, Maya went to get Rachel and the guys finished everything up. 

Since Rachel was a fan of the Harry Potter books, Chase wanted to decorate the basement of his house in some Harry Potter stuff and used a Harry Potter reference in the promposal when Rachel came over.

Maya and Rachel picked up Chinese food on the way over to Chase's house. Maya wanted to stall as much as possible just to make sure that the guys had enough time to make last-minute set ups and adjustments.

When Maya and Rachel got to Chase's house, Ty opened the door and walked them down to the basement where they had everything ready.

Rachel was surprised at the promposal and said yes.

When Maya and Rachel finished getting ready, Chase and Ty came to pick them up for an early dinner before prom.

They went together to prom and left before midnight.

The next day, Maya and Ty went to the second prom.

At this point, everyone at Maya's school and Ty's school knew they were dating. They didn't care.

They weren't planning on talking about it at the Endgame premiere. 

After a weekend at prom, Maya woke up Monday morning feeling exhausted. She considered skipping school but didn't.

Maya woke up and got ready. She put in minimal effort. She wore a pair of sweatpants and a shirt. She brought a hoodie with her just in case she got cold.

Maya and Peter went to a coffee shop on the way to school. 

Maya dropped off Peter by the school entrance of his school before she parked in the high school parking lot.

It was a relief that Peter's school was close to her high school.

As usual, Maya met up with Rachel and Mason at the school cafeteria. 

As soon as Maya sat down after greeting her friends, Madison joined them.

"Hi," Madison said.

"Hi," Maya said, uncertainly.

"Hey," Mason said, confused.

"Hi?" Rachel said.

"Where's my coffee?" Madison asked Maya.

"Um, I didn't get you anything?"

"Why not?" Madison asked.

"Because you told me to stop getting you coffee," Maya said, "and you haven't sat with us for weeks."

"But we're friends," Madison said.

Maya, Mason, and Rachel shared looks.

Madison hadn't hung out with them for months. Every single text that they sent her was left on delivered or read. 

"You didn't text me that you wanted coffee," Maya said. "You haven't texted me since, like, February about coffee. How was I supposed to know that you wanted coffee when you didn't text me?"

Madison gave Maya a look.

"I'll just text one of my friends," Madison said, getting up. "See ya."

"Is she okay?" Rachel asked.

"I have no idea," Maya said.

"Why would she expect you to bring her coffee when she hasn't hung out with us since February and told you to stop?" Mason wondered.

"You know, it doesn't matter," she decided. "I don't want to think about it."

Classes soon started and they headed to the classes they had.

At the end of the school day, Maya picked up Peter and they went home. 

Maya got started on her homework. She had most of it done during her free period, but she still had some to finish. 

When she finished, she got started on editing a video.

Maya had recorded a few prom videos and she got started on the first one she recorded, which was prom shopping with Rachel.

Maya and Ty had so many conversations about their relationship going public. 

Everyone at their schools knows now, so it would be hard to avoid when it came to their social media accounts and all.

They knew people were talking. They knew it was about time people found out about them.

***

For the rest of the week, the same thing happened. Madison would come over with coffee with the expectation of coffee only to find out that Maya and Mason didn't bring her any.

She would proceed to get mad at them and leave to join her other friends.

Rachel was getting frustrated with Madison's attitude.

When the weekend rolled around, Maya went over to Rachel's house for a sleepover.

Maya made sure that she edited her video for the following day and was ready to upload it when the time came.

Maya and Rachel were planning on going to a local coffee shop to do some work.

They stayed up late.

They didn't know what time they fell asleep but they woke up around ten - thirty in the morning.

They got ready for the day and headed to the coffee shop to work on school work, work and other stuff they had. 

Maya uploaded the video and worked on her homework until the upload finalized and was officially uploaded.

Rachel did her homework as well and was applying to different jobs. She got a really good scholarship from the university but she still wanted to work. She was already working at a bookstore in the area, but once she started college... it wouldn't really make that big of a difference.

LMU is pretty close to the bookstore, so if Rachel couldn't find a different job, she'd keep the bookstore job.

After spending around three hours at the coffee shop, they headed over to Maya's house.

Maya was still not used to her parents being around as much. She had seen them more than she did the last few months.

Peter was in his room, playing on his Nintendo.

As soon as Maya and Rachel came home, Peter came to join them in Maya's room.

He didn't say much, he just wanted some company.