The Festival of Love and Curry: Part 1

It was another day for the students at Binan High School, though busier than normal. The cultural festival was just three days away, and everyone was working hard to finish their products, stalls, and forms of entertainment to display and sell to anyone who would come. In a certain Earth Defense Club, several students were trying to figure out what to do for their stall. "I highly doubt a course on "How to date" will be effective," Erza chastises Ryuu's suggestion. "But think of how much attention it'll bring," Ryuu argued. "No, we should have an investment awareness campaign," Io motioned. En, laying his head on a desk said, "I don't really want to participate in this school festival stuff." "That's just a given," Lucy commented, writing down ideas before almost immediately crossing them out the moment someone gave a good reason to not display said idea to anyone, let alone the other students.

"C'mon, it's been two hours and we haven't agreed on anything. This is a real pain in the you-know-what," Lisanna groaned, snacking on a piece of chocolate En had given her as a late birthday present. "What are you talking about, Lisanna? There's a cash prize on the line," Io firmly stated. "Why wouldn't you pick up money just lying on the ground?" "It's not like a wouldn't, but I don't know where it's been," Lisanna reasoned before swallowing the rest of the rich-tasting treat. "Look, as long as we're bringing our share to the table for the festival. The student council won't hound and nag us for a "lackluster performance". Not to mention, it could boost the Earth Defense Club's reputation, and possibly budget," Juvia stated. This caught Io's attention. "Precisely, not to mention. We could possibly request our club be held in a different room," Io suggested. Juvia seemed a bit apprehensive about that. "Maybe, but I like this club room, though," She said. "Here! Here! Here! Here! Here!" Yumoto hollered, raising his hand as high as he could.

"A restaurant! We should do a restaurant!" Yumoto did have a point since almost everyone couldn't deny a freshly cooked meal. "What is that, a kindergartener's dream?" En asked, but it sounded more like a tease. "This is Yumoto we're talking about," Lisanna started, before adding, "But it isn't a bad idea." She wrote down the suggestion before piping up once again. "For example, does anyone know about the cost of coffee?" Lisanna asked. "You can make an abundance of the drink from just one container of it. It provides, and it isn't too costly," Lucy stated. "However, it depends on who you're advertising it to. Also, in terms of the festival. The fact that every other class will be doing something café or coffee shop related, we'll just blend into the crowd. Plus, I don't know about anyone else. But, I'd rather not wear any more maid uniforms than I have to already." Lucy recounted the many times the other students asked her, Lisanna, Erza, and Juvia to wear a maid outfit to draw in more people. Lucy flat-out refused, Lisanna pretended she had somewhere else to be, Erza hit them so hard that their ancestors could probably feel it, and Juvia just politely declined.

"You're right, it would be hard without a selling point," Juvia agreed. "We do have a selling point," Ryuu said. Everyone looked a little puzzled at his statement. "Okay, and that would be . . . " Juvia trailed off, expecting an answer. The next thing the engine knew, Ryuu had transformed into Battle Lover Vesta before saying, "That we're transforming heroes!" "Absolutely not!" Juvia shouted. "All of us have worked hard to hide our identities, some more than others!" She argued, referencing that four of the battle lovers weren't even from this world. "She's right; revealing ourselves would make all of our hard work pointless," Lisanna backed Juvia up. "This is different," Ryuu argued, jumping off of the desk. "Why don't we just get Wombat and Hoshi to work something out with their advanced scientific technology?" "Hey, wait a minute!" "Excuse you?!" The two said animal-like aliens hollered. "Like hell we're bringing that option to the table!" Hoshi barked. "It would be unheard of for missionaries of love to pursue for-profit ventures!" Wombat argued. "What are you guys saying? If they eat delicious food, they'll feel love and happiness, right?" Ryuu asked, the slightest glimpse of that silver tongue being put to use. "It's a proper love activity: a 'love-tivity'," Ryuu implied, giving a convincing wink. "Love-tivity . . . " Wombat smiled, a pleased look on his face.