Chapter 20

I am sorry!

I have seen some comments about asking for an update, I am extremely sorry for not responding.

I have been busy with my life and almost forgot about the story. Forgive me for leaving it like this for so long. I have no intention of abandoning the story but due to my work and family responsibilities, I Have very little time for myself. I had actually written a few chapters and I will upload those here, but for a new episode, you'd have to wait. I promise you that I will not abandon the story and plan to finish it. This story will end during Thor Ragnarok.

Las Vegas-

Percy was flying above the Nevada desert and was nearing the City of Sins, Las Vegas. He was riding Jake, his new Pegasus.

"Water, I like water!" Jake suddenly said out of the blue.

"What?"

"Water! You know the blue thing in the oceans and rivers. The thing you're God of. I like it a lot, not seawater though, it's very salty. It's too hot I don't like this heat. We are in the desert and it's too hot here. Can we go to where water is?" he asked.

"We just left the Giizhi... something. You drank a lot of water there." Percy said. "Manitou's horse was annoyed by you."

(A.N. – It's not 'Giizhi... something' it is 'Giizhigong' the name of the realm of Anasazi/ Manidoog Gods.)

"But I'm thirsty! This heat is unbearable, I'm dehydrating."

"No, you are not."

"How can you tell?"

"It's been only fifteen minutes since we left and the sun has already set, it is nightfall."

"Don't say I didn't warn you if I faint and you fall to your death. Oooh...! Look at that city! It's amazing, isn't it? How could humans build such a beautiful city?" His tone suddenly changed from annoyed to amazed. "Can we go there? Pretty please?" Percy could feel the same puppy eyes from Jake he used to use on his mom.

He sighed, "Let's go, but observe it only from the air. If you land on the ground and somebody sees you, I'll personally drown you in the water you love so much."

"Ye... Yes sir!" Percy felt him do a military salute in his mind.

Jake landed Percy on the roof of a hotel and flew off to observe the city from above.

Percy took the elevator and came down. He started walking the streets. He stopped in front of the Lotus Casino and Hotel. A bitter memory came to his mind.

It stood in the same place as the one in Percy's world. A shiver went through his spine as he stepped inside.

Although with a similar name, the hotel was nothing like the hotel of Lotus Eaters. There were no games, arcades, ski slopes, water slides, and roller coasters.

Instead of those, there were huge posters everywhere of a show that was happening that night. The poster showed a woman with long red hair. She was wearing a white dress and looked stunningly beautiful. The poster read, 'Venus, the goddess of love, will make you fall in love with her songs, tonight at 9.00 pm in Lotus Theatre.'

0-0

Percy was sitting in the gallery. Some singers came on the stage and performed their songs. It was something similar to a singing competition. Percy was getting bored after an hour. His ADHD was kicking in and he was getting restless. The host of the show came onto the stage.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has come which we have all been waiting for. To charm you all and make you fall in love, I call The Goddess of Love, Beauty, and a Heavenly Voice, Venus!" He gestured and left the stage. People started cheering madly.