Chapter 12

The Royal Sub-

"You sure it can survive the space travel?" Herc asked Artemis. She was learning all the controls of the Royal Sub.

"Yeah, probably. I think that's why Neptune built it. This ship and the Megalodons are more advanced than anything I've ever seen. It even surpasses the Amazonian tech." She turned some dials. 'Alright! I think I figured out how to make it flying."

"Great! Let's go to space!" Percy said.

"Yeah, let's go! I wanna see Ares' face when he sees us." Herd said.

Artemis was in the pilot seat. Percy sat beside her and Herc sat behind him. Artemis started the ship and pushed a button on the dashboard. A shudder went through the whole ship. Slowly ship lifted off the water surface and started floating in air.

"Are you sure you can fly this?" Percy asked. "I always used autopilot mode. It took me wherever I wanted to go."

"I can fly this, probably." She said and pushed the throttle. The ship tilted forward and moved. "Alright, I'm getting the hang of it. Let's circle around the city." She turned the throttle and the ship moved in that direction.

Suddenly everyone's eyes went wide, because the Lady Liberty was in their path.

Artemis quickly turned the throttle again. The ship went downwards and crashed on the island.

"Alright, that's enough. I'm calling someone who can fly." Herc pulled out his phone. "Gil! Can you come to the Statue of Liberty. We need a pilot." — "Yeah, we're going to space. You're going to fly this thing." — "Just tell her that we'll be back in few days." — "Yeah, you can. Bring some for us too. Get here as fast as you can." He hung up and put the phone back in his pocket. "Gil's coming he'll fly the ship."

(One hour later)-

Gil landed near the ship. He was carrying a large bag. He was wearing the yellow hoodie.

"What's in the bag, Gil?" Percy asked.

"Pizza. There's no pizza in space, so I brought some with me." He said.

"Come on let's go, we're attracting a lot of attention." Artemis said.

Gil took the pilot seat. He stared at the dashboard for a moment and started pushing buttons. The ship shuddered and started. It lifted off the ground. It kept ascending until it reached the statue's torch. He pushed the throttle and the ship shot towards the sky like an arrow.

In couple of minutes they were out of the atmosphere and getting faster by the second.

"Alright everyone strap in, we're going to warp. By the way, where are we going?"

"To Sakaar." Herd answered.

"Do you know where it is?"

"Not exactly. Odin said that it is one of the out-worlds. Under the rule of Grandmaster. We have to search for it. He said we should start from Xandar."

"Then we'll go to Xandar first and start from there." Gil said and turned the ship around.

As the ship turned, earth appeared in front of them. It was a breathtaking view.

"It's beautiful!" Artemis took a picture with her camera.

"Alright, buckle up! Next stop Andromeda Galaxy." Gil said and pushed a button.

Few days later-

"So how long will it take to reach Xandar?" Percy asked.

"Don't know! It depends on the speed of this thing. Still this Xandar planet is in the Andromeda Galaxy. It's about 2.5 million light years away from earth and we don't know how far we've come." Gil explained holding a slice of pizza.