"your hugs are the best"

as yoona has gotten off work earlier with haerin, she's sitting on the couch of her shared dorm which she shares with minji and hyein, her sketchbook on her lap as she's drawing something off of her phone, accompanied with music playing from her airpods to wind down.

a few minutes later, she finishes the drawing, which was indeed a drawing of hyein, long hair wrapped into a scarf, a puffet jacket on and flushed cheeks, her favorite photo that she's taken of her lover.

as she admires her drawing, she feels a huge pang of sadness hitting her, neither minji or hyein are going to be home before 8 pm, as they've still got lessons to do, while yoona started earlier in the morning, hence why she got home at 6 pm.

right now, it's only 7 pm and the fifteen year old has no idea what to do as she's already eaten with haerin on the way home, she has no homework due, no books to read.. so she just decides to pick up her phone from next to her, being tempted to call hyein.

but no, she quickly realises it's not a good idea as the latter must have vocal lessons right now, so she just texts her;

me:
babeee i miss you :(( is there any chance that you'll be home sooner?? D:

*5 minutes later*

dimples 💞:
hi baby <3 i'm sorry but nope, not a chance :/

i miss you too, tho ;(( i really need a hug right now 😔😔

me:
bummer :(((

did something happen, love? or do you just miss me? ;D

bcs i'm in need of a hug as well 😔😔😔

dimples 💞:
nope, nothing specific happened, just missing you, baby :((

i wanna go home to you alreadyyyyy D:

me:
me too, so much T-T

woot woot one more hour to gooo

dimples 💞:
alright baby i gtg finish my lesson now :((

before i get in troubleeee D:

see you at home babygirl, i love you 🩷🩷

me:
okay hyeeee, do your lesson well and don't miss me too much ~~

i love you too mll 🩷🩷 cya at homee 🫂

closing the chat with a smile on her face, the korean-american girl puts her phone on 'do not disturb', getting up as she gathers her stuff to go to her lover's room, laying down in her bed as she dozes off to sleep.

about an hour and a half later, their dorm's front door opens, unnoticed to yoona as she's now fast asleep, both minji and hyein wondering where the youngest may be.

"unnie i'm gonna look in my room, she's probably sleeping there", hyein announces as minji walks towards her own room, getting a nod in return from the oldest among them.

just as hyein knocks on the door, yoona wakes up, checking the time as she realises it's now 8:28 pm, "come in!", she says loudly as hyein walks into her room with a huge smile on her face, whereas yoona has an even bigger smile plastered on her face.

"baby! come hereee", hyein softly pulls the shorter girl into an embrace, both of them content now that they're all back home again. "i missed you so so bad, hye",yoona mumbles into hyein's neck, getting a kiss on the forehead in reply, eliciting a giggle from the younger girl.

"me too, baby girl, so so so much", hyein replies, both of the girls now on her bed, still holding onto each other tightly, "your hugs are the best, yoonie", she adds, kissing her girlfriend's crown while doing so.

"yours are even better, love", the latter insists, hyein spooning chaerin as they look into each other's eyes with love. "nope, yours are the best, baby, i love you", hyein grins, pecking the younger one's lips in a playful manner.

"i love you too, babe, so much",yoona returns the words, getting another kiss from hyein, a more passionate one at that, as their hands intertwine with each other's.