Chapter 8 - Hunter's pov

We sat by the creek again, I held the harmonica with artificial magic in it, while Y/N held a regular one.

"I started out by listening to short little tunes." she said, pulling a Penstagram scroll from her pocket. I watched the scroll, it was opened to a profile with the username "(your username)" It suited her. She scrolled through her view history, all the way to the bottom, where there was a video with flowers, and ambience. She clicked on it an a pretty and quiet audio played, the tune was sweet, and heartwarming, and was similar to what she'd played a few days before.

"This is what I first learned based on." she said, as the tune finished "Oh by the way, do you have a Penstagram?"

She glanced to me, I shook my head.

She grinned "Well we're going to have to change that aren't we?"

She made a spell circle, a Penstagram scroll dropped from it, and she caught it with her opposite hand, giving it to me with a quick nod.

"Lemme know when you've got your account, anyway..." she continued to show me different tunes for the next about hour, before finally putting her scroll down. "This is where the fun begins" She smiled

I smiled, and picked up my harmonica.

"A single note can life a single object," she began. "So by blowing into the harmonica once, one object will float for as long as I can hold the note."

She blew into the harmonica, her fingers positioned meticulously. It was a single, smooth note. A flower rose into the air before my eyes. She held the note for a few seconds, before stopping and letting the flower descend back to its original position beside the creek.

"You try" she smiled

I picked up my harmonica. I silently wondered if it would have the same effect. I took a deep breath in and blew into the harmonica. It was off-key, but I could feel something pulsing through my veins, like I'd never felt before. Is this what it felt like to do magic? I continued with the off-key note, and the flower rose shakily into the air. I had to keep it going, maybe the flower would stop shaking. I'd run out of breath, and let the harmonica go, as I gasped to regain my breath. The flower dropped into the creek, floating downstream. It continued like this, raising something shakily only for it to crash to the ground.

I sighed and laid back in the red grass "I can't get it right." I murmur

Though from where I was sitting I couldn't see her, I could feel her gaze on me. It made my face go hot again.

"You know" she said "It took me years, and I trained with Raine"

I'd heard of them, met them a few times I think. They were the head of the bard coven. Y/N paused to let her words sink in then she spoke again.

"It takes time to learn, you're not going to be perfect on your first try." I sat up to see her smiling. Suddenly, her eyes light up, with an idea.

"What if I took you to Raine during our next session?" she grinned "I'm sure they'd have some great pointers for you!"

I smile "That'd be great!"

Shortly after, Y/N left to report to the Emperor and to talk to Raine. I stayed by the creek, and took out the Penstagram scroll Y/N had given me. The screen prompted-

Create your account :

Username : ____________

Password : ____________

Confirm Password : ____________

Click here to sign up

I thought of what my username could be. What did I like? A novel I'd read recently, 'Ruler's reach' had captured my attention, I suppose I could always change my username later. I typed in 'RULERZREACHF4N' , and a series of strange characters for my password. ((A/N : remember kids, make good passwords, or emperor belos will hack your account)) I clicked to sign up, and the screen read-

Welcome @RULERZREACHF4N !

The screen then switched to a default feed, of some of the most viewed posts. The first one was a post from the Emperor's Coven official account, @Emp3r0rsC0v3n , a pitch to join. I didn't envy those who weren't born into the coven. I searched (Your username), the first result was the correct one, the profile picture was selfie of Y/N with her staff, before she had her scar. I guessed that she didn't want to switch it to her scarred face, since she was so self conscious about it. I requested to follow her, her account was private.

'Good idea.' I thought 'Wouldn't want people to know what I actually look like after I...take her spot'

The guilt surged in my heard again, as I switched my account to private.