Chapter 13 - Y/N's pov

Moonlight shined through the blinds of my window. I remembered waiting for Hunter to change, then nothing. I sat up in my bed, and glanced to my room. Hunter was lying on the floor, snoring softly. I smiled, the sight of him made my heart warm, despite everything. I climbed out of bed, bringing a blanket. I curled up beside him, and put the blanket over both of us. I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not, but he wrapped an arm around me. I smiled to myself, and drifted back to sleep.

I had the same dream, Belos with bladelike hands, then him becoming the creature. Hunter in my uniform sending red bolts at me, but this time I didn't wake up. This time it went further. I was zapped, I could feel it almost, like it wasn't completely a dream. Then there was the owl lady, her little pet, and the human, then rain that didn't sting me, and some people I didn't recognize. Then Hunter again, but his eyes had changed color ((A/N : welp we've experienced the eye color change multiple times guess y/n just isn't used to it yet)) , his eyes were cold and blue. ((Another A/N : as someone with blue eyes, its so mentally painful to have to share an eye color with belos, and all people with blue eyes are scientifically proven to be related to one common ancestor so folks-- I'M RELATED TO BELOS *sobbb*)) Then there was a man. He looked like Hunter, but more grown. A dagger floated above his head. I took a step closer, but he seemed completely unphased.

"Hello Y/N" he said

"I- Who are you? And how do you know me?" I asked, slightly confused, mostly scared

"Ah, apologies, I should have introduced myself. I don't want to interrupt the order of things, so I'll just say I'm Hunter's better, cooler uncle" he said "From now on I'll walk with you, in the waking world, and in your dreams, giving you bits of advice along the way, because I've seen what you go through, and you'll need someone."

I nod slowly "....right" I pause "So you're dead?"

'Hunter's better, cooler uncle' chuckled "Yes, I'm dead."

"And do you want me to just call you 'Hunter's better cooler uncle?'" I asked

"Hmmm" he thought for a moment "Sir Wittebane is a bit to elaborate I suppose...Belac...hmm that should....suffice" ((A/N : Pronounced Bel - Ick))

I raised an eyebrow "Belac?"

He nodded "Belac" ((A/N : HMMM I WONDER WHAT BELAC SPELLED BACKWARDS IS...))

"Strange, but okay." I said

I felt a nudge in my side, but Belac was straight ahead of me.

"Wha-?" I looked around

"Ah, you're being woken up" he smiled "Good luck today Y/N"

I nodded, I'd almost forgotten I was dreaming. The world around me started to darken.

"One more thing-" Belac said "Don't tell anyone about this."

Before I could ask him any questions, I woke up, Hunter was nudging me with his arm.

"Y/N" he said "Y/N we've gotta wake up now-"

I opened my eyes, and sat up. That was a really strange dream. I shrugged it off and looked to Hunter, who was already in uniform, a scout's uniform. Not for long though I supposed.

"I wanted to let you sleep, last night was....understandably stressful for you" he said, smiling lightly

I nodded, wondering if I would have still dreamt about that 'Belac' guy. I wondered why he didn't want me to know his real name, he'd say it would 'Interrupt the order of things'. I wondered what was going to happen in the future, and how Belac was involved.

I let myself flop back onto the rug. I'd been up late last night after everything, and was tired out of my skull.

Hunter stood over me "You okay?" he asked

I stuck up a thumb "Just super."

I got to my feet and went into the closet, shutting the door behind me. Someone had set out my uniform neatly for me, with my mask on top. Aw. Hunter. I got changed into my uniform, then held the mask in my hands, sighing. I put it on the side of my head, and noticed P/N flutter out from somewhere, where I'd guessed they were hiding. They chirped and I smiled.

"You have a way of bringing a smile to my face, don't you?" I cooed "Sweet little birb."

I opened the closet door, forgetting that Hunter was there. I stood there for a moment, P/N on my shoulder.

Hunter looked shocked "Y/N....there's um...a palisman on your shoulder"

I could tell from his expression that he wanted to think that it wasn't mine, and that it had somehow coincidentally appeared in my closet. Before I could weave a small lie, P/N switched into their staff form and dropped into my hands.

"UM-" I paused "I can explain. I know we're not supposed to have these but-"

"No um-" he hesitated "I've got one too" (( A/N : PEOPLE DON'T KILL ME-- i know he technically isn't supposed to have flapjack since in this timeline 'hunting palisman' didn't take place BUT I'M NOT CUTTING THE BEAN FROM THIS so lets just say flapjack broke in through the window))

"Oh, you do?" I said, surprised. I was one to bend the rules occasionally, but Hunter wasn't.

"Yeah. He's like yours, but red." he explained "His name's Flapjack"

"Cute name!" I smiled "Mine's name is P/N"

"Aw, adorable!" he smiled.

P/N turned back into their bird form, and fluttered around Hunter, chirping, before curling up in his hair.

Suddenly, words echoed in my head, 'TITAN'S BLOOD' 'ECLIPSE LAKE' It was Belac's voice. I put a hand to my head.

Hunter's joy shifted to concern "You good?" he asked

"Oh uh yeah!" memories shifted in my head. Belos wanted to make a portal. He needed Titan's Blood to construct a new key. If I got some maybe he would keep me as Golden Guard. It wasn't that I didn't want Hunter to have the position, but being accepted for once had really, really, felt nice. "But I've got a mission, and....do you wanna come?"

He nodded "Sure," I heard a chirp come from inside the cloak of his uniform, and a little red cardinal flew out, and landed in my hands.

"Aw you didn't tell me you had Flapjack with you!!" I pet the little bird "He's such a little cutie!!"

Hunter smiled. I gave Flapjack back, then turned to Hunter.

"This mission requires a small, change of uniform" I grinned, he seemed confused "I'll be right back" I said, and ran back into the closet, and shut the door. I tore through the stacks of clothes before finally finding my old scout uniform and mask. People might find me more harmless if I were just a scout. I put on the uniform, and the mask, setting down my other uniform, and walked out of the closet dramatically.

"Rate the fit" I smiled

"100 out of ten" Hunter said, his face was a pale shade of pink "You look great."

I called P/N over. "Alright lets go then, and thanks"

((AN: WELP this is where the angst begins, get ready to suffer <3))