Chapter 14 - Hunter's pov

We were hiding behind a tree, a patrol led by Kikimora was entering the tunnels to Eclipse Lake.

"Why're we hiding?" I asked "And why's her patrol here already?"

"Heh I might have some explaining to do" Y/N chuckled softly "So we've just gotta get the blood before Kiki, then Belos will think I'm useful, and my work won't have amounted to nothing!"

Her eye twitched a bit.

"...right" I said

Suddenly something fired at the tree we were hiding behind, and we slid our scout masks back on. A heard a scout ask Kikimora if everything was alright. She answered with, 'I thought I heard an annoying voice'. Kiki never liked me. Y/N grabbed my hand, I felt my face go hot, and she started to run.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we ran

"To find another way in, clearly Kiki isn't gonna let us slip by" Y/N explained

We paused behind another tree, which stood over the ditch. I saw three figures walking through it.

"The owl lady, her dog, and the....youngest Blight?" Y/N murmured

I could hear the owl lady talking about the titan blood. So they were looking for it too, Y/N and I just had to get to it first. The Blight said something about the human, so was that who they were collecting it for?

Y/N leaned forward to get a closer look, but lost her balance and fell. Our hands were still linked, so I plummeted down with her. The snow blanketing the ground broke our fall, but only a bit.

"Ow-" I muttered, sitting up

I realized that we'd fallen right in front of the owl lady's group.

"Two coven scouts!" Amity, I think that was her name, said, making a spell circle with her hand and summoning a purple flame.

Y/N put her hands up, and nudged me to do the same, which I did.

"Yep, we are but humble scouts, and we surrender" Y/N said, she didn't sound all that convincing

"Well that was easy" The dog said, sounding almost surprised

The owl lady pointed her staff at us "Not so fast, King" she said "Don't you recognize that annoying voice?"

Y/N glanced to me "Why does everyone say that...?" I murmured

"Don't worry, I don't think your voice is annoying" Y/N spoke so that only I could hear "Also, run."

She started booking it in the other direction, I stumbled to my feet and dashed after her.

"Don't let them get away!" I heard the owl lady behind us

I felt abomination goo wrap around the both of us, pulling us awfully close to eachother. My face went hot. The owl lady's group caught up with us, and took our masks from our faces.

"This is none other than the golden guard and-" the owl lady was cut off my Amity

"She's a lot....younger.....than I'd imagined" Amity commented

Y/N stuck her tongue out at Amity in annoyance

"And her little boiling sea buddy too?" King chimed in

"It was one time!" I protested

"Anyways, you're coming with us." the owl lady said, and pushed us to our feet with her staff

"We're tied together how are we supposed to...?" Y/N commented

Amity growled and shifted the goo a bit so we were more side-by-side, and able to walk.