Chapter 24 - Y/N's pov

Ever since Hunter and I had shared that kiss, we'd been even closer, if that was even possible. Darius was meant to come today, and give us some sort of assignment. It turned out that him, Raine, and Eberwolf had been suspicious of the day of unity all along, and had been forming a small rebellion against the emperor. Hunter and I had been filling our days with random stuff that we'd never had the time for back in the emperor's coven. Right now we were playing war with cards, I was winning while Hunter was loosing miserably.

"Have you ever even played this?" I laughed, taking his king card, which I had beat with an ace.

"Yeah, and I usually win!" he whined

I laughed again, as we flipped another card, I put down a ten, while Hunter put down a two. I snatched up the cards into my ever growing deck. Hunter had, what, five cards left. I flipped my next card, an ace, Hunter put down an ace also.

"WARR!" I grinned

We each put down three cards, then flipped a fourth, I put down a three and....

HA! HUNTER PUT DOWN A TWO!

I took the cards from the war, the only cards he'd had remaining, and laughed "SWEET VICTORY!" I said, smiling.

I heard a knock at the door. "Little prince!" It was Darius from the other side of the door.

I laughed "Is that his nickname for you?" I whispered to Hunter

Hunter's face was pale pink, but he nodded, and went to open the door. Standing there was Darius, as anticipated. I gathered up the cards and put them back into their box, stuffed the box under one of the beds, then stood up, and went to stand beside Hunter in the doorway.

"I need you two to be security escorts for the human" Darius said "You can bring others if you want, just make sure she's safe"

Hunter nodded.

Darius grinned. "I've also been told you two are quite.....close-?"

I felt my face go hot, Darius must have noticed because he chuckled for a moment before he left. I shut the door, and turned to Hunter.

"Soooooo wanna bring Willow and Gus to escort Luz?" I suggested.

Hunter nodded "I don't...wanna get recognized"

I nudged him with my elbow "If anyone's gonna get recognized its me" I kissed his cheek before turning P/N into a staff and jumping off of the balcony, at the last second I caught myself, I looked up to see Hunter staring off the edge of the balcony, looking terrified, but after a moment or so, he followed, instead he did a backflip off of the balcony and landed flawlessly on Flapjack, who was in his staff form, before flying next to me.

"Show-off" I joked

We started flying towards Hexide to pick up Willow and Gus. Soon everything would be alright, because it couldn't possibly get any worse.

~~~~~~~~~time skippity skip~~~~~~~~~

We stood in a forest, Luz was just dropped off on someones staff.

"WHAT? I DON'T NEED A SECURITY ESCORT!" I heard Luz yell from the clearing in front of us, not yet knowing who exactly planned to escort her.

Willow and Gus walked out behind her, and I waited another moment, with Hunter.

"Did you hear that Gus?" Willow said

"Yeah, no, I guess we'll have to go home, well it's been fun, see you around, Luz the human" Gus waved to Luz.