Chapter 1

*Before you start reading please note that most of these interactions won't be 100% accurate but I will try my best so that they are as accurate as possible ,Thanks.*

"Quickly Ayame! We have to hurry home." Aia said, Aia was Ayame's best friend since they were little girls. They had been running late from going to visit some other friends that night "What's the rush Aia? It's a beautiful night today. We should enjoy it while we can." Ayame said calmly, her green eyes glowing brightly in the night. "Well, I guess you're right, we should enjoy it." Aia replied and slowed down a bit.

They were both walking down an alley house surrounding them. They were both holding lamps using them to light the path back home."Hey,Ayame" "What Aia?" "Ayame I just want you to know how grateful and lucky I am to have you as a friend." Aia said with a small tender smile on her lips.Before Ayame could even reply Aia screamed in front of them there were people,people lying on the street...dead they're heads had been ripped off and in the middle of all of it was a person crouching, no, a demon .  

The demon looked up at them "Well well what do we have here?" the demon said, standing up and licking blood off their fingers. Ayame and Ai froze, terrified, unable to move or form sentences.Before Ayame or Aia could even react the demon charged, slashing Ai's stomach "Aia!" Ayame exclaimed, rushing to her friend's side "Aia..." Ayame sobbed softly cradling  Aia's dying body in her arms the demon was nowhere to be found, seemingly disappearing.  "...Ayame..." Aia managed "Shh shh don't exert yourself." Ayame said quietly but quickly, Ai's body suddenly became limp "Aia? Aia!" Ayame sobbed into her friend's dead body.

Almost as if on queue the demon attacked again,  snatching Aia's body from Ayame and started eating her. "Hey, you're letting my food rot!" the demon exclaimed as he chewed Aia's flesh "Yo-You Bastard!" Ayame screamed at the demon "Shut up you tramp!" The demon screamed back at her, "You're next." the demon announced coldly dropping Aia's limp body which was bloody and had chunks of flesh missing and lunged at her, Ayame screamed.Moments before the demon touched her a man,no,a boy slashed its head off causing the demon to seemingly burn away and turn into ash.The boy looked around Ayame's age he had long black hair fading into pale turquoise reaching to his waist he had a uniform with the kanji destroy on the back,he looked bored, unamused maybe.

The boy turned around to face Ayame. He had empty-looking pale turquoise eyes, it was...strange she had never seen someone with eyes like his. "Are you okay?" He asked Ayame, it was obvious he wasn't completely focused when he asked her, "Y-yes I'm fine...I think." Ayame looked down at herself. She was covered with blood but not her blood, her friends blood.Her best friend's blood.

Suddenly all of Ayames feelings came rushing back to her fear,anger,sadness, she started to tear up looking at her hands smeared with blood, her kimono, her favorite one the one Aia had gotten her was also smeared with Aia's blood.Tears started to roll down her face, she took a shaky breath before she shook her head and changed her answer "No,No no no, no I am not okay." she said while sobbing the demon slayer who wasn't paying attention to her seemed surprised by her answer and reaction but still tried to comfort her though terribly. "There, there, don't cry."he said while awkwardly patting her shoulder softly.Ayame was still sobbing but stopped when she saw the demon slayer trying to comfort her "Are you-Are you trying to comfort me?" she asked him, while drying her tears up. "¿Yes?" the demon slayer said blankly "Well you're terrible at it." she said, managing a small chuckle.

The demon slayer didn't reply, he was off in thought somewhere "Excuse me, mister demon slayer?" Ayame said, trying to get his attention. "What?" the demon slayer asked, "Nothing, forget about it." She told the demon slayer,just then the kakushi arrived "Lord Tokito you can go now we'll take care of it from here." one of the kakushi said to the demon slayer "Lord Tokito?That must be his last name." Ayame thought.The demon slayer then left after he left the kakushi turned their attention towards her, one of the kakushi helped her up and examined her to see if she was fine which she was, Ayame watched as the kakushi picked up the dead bodies and wrapped them in white clothes one of the bodies specifically stood out to her, Aia's body she slowly walked over to where they laid her body and she kneeled down next to it.

She looked at Aai one last time and her face looked calm,peaceful. Maybe it broke Ayame's heart to see her like that before she left. Ayame took something to remember Aia by, an iris shaped hair pin.Aia had loved that hair pin she had always said she would pass it down to her children,but now she couldn't.

When Ayame left, a kakushi accompanied her. They were both walking towards Ayame's house. Ayame, whose kimono was still soaked with blood, Aia's blood  held the hair pin in her hand, refusing to let it go. The walk home was silent until Ayame asked a question "What was that demon slayer's name?" Ayame asked the kakushi "Who? Lord Tokito?" "Yes, That one." Ayame replied "His name is Muichiro Tokito." The kakushi replied, "Why'd you want to know?" The kakushi questioned her "...No specific reason I just wanted to thank him for saving me." Ayame replied.

After walking for a while more they got to Ayame's  house, Ayame turned to the kakushi for a moment before saying something, "I just want you to do me a favor, please?" Ayame asked the kakushi, "Sure, what do you want?"  the kakushi asked her, they were both standing at the door of Ayame's house."Could you please tell that one demon slayer that Ayame Hayashi would like to thank him for saving my life tonight...Please?" The kakushi looked at Ayame for a second, contemplating her question before they answered."Yes, I will." The kakushi finally said, "Thank sir,thank you so much."  Ayame said, bowing to the kakushi to show gratitude towards him before she stood again. "It's no problem, now you must go to your house with your parents, they must be worried sick." the kakushi said hurrying her into her house "Oh! yes I will," Ayame said as she was being hurried into her house "Th-Thank you mister kakushi for everything." Ayame tells him as he hurries her into her house. Once Ayame was inside she walked up to her  house. It was a normal sized house with a front courtyard, and at the front of her house waiting for her were her parents.