Chapter 10

In the morning Ayame traveled back to the butterfly mansion with Kanao and Lady Kocho to help with the wounded.Soon after they arrived Lady Kochou was called to the headquarters and left, so Ayame helped around as best she could by doing laundry, or helping the wounded. "Ayame come and help me with the laundry!" Aoi called, "Coming!" Ayame called back, she had been helping around all morning. If Ayame had to be honest she thought killing demons was way easier than doing the laundry. "Here, take this basket." Aoi said, handing Ayame an empty basket "And go place it inside." Aoi told her, "Yes mam." Ayame said she had made it a habit of calling Aoi mam since she was the one in charge.On her way inside Ayame saw some Kakushi with Kanao she immediately recognized hanafuda earrings kid on one of the kakushi's back, "Excuse me, is there something I can help you with?" Ayame asked as she approached the kakushi still holding the laundry basket. "Uh-yes, we were ordered to come here by Lady Kochou-" the kakushi started to say, "Oh, wait here just a second please." Ayame said and quickly went to get Aoi , "Aoi! There's some kakushi that need your help." Ayame told her.

"Alright, I'm coming." Aoi replied as she walked over to where the kakushi were with Ayame. "You've brought an injured person, right?" Aoi immediately asked when they got there, and the kakushi nodded "Please come with me." Aoi said as she led them to the infirmary.Ayame quickly went inside and left the basket there before she met with them at the hospital ward. "Five times!?" A boy screamed. "I've got to take this five times?! Per day?!" the boy screamed even louder "And I have to keep taking this medicine for three months?! If I take this, I can't eat anything, you know! I mean it's really bitter! It's such an ordeal!" The boy kept yelling about the medicine being bitter and how it was unfair...well in conclusion he was really annoying.Ayame sighed "Could you please settle down."  Ayame asked the boy, "Listen! My arms and legs!-What's going to happen  to my arms and legs?! Hey!" the boy screamed even louder.

"Please try to be quiet." Aoi told him, "Hey!¡Hey!" the boy screamed again "Didn't we explain it to you numerous times? If you don't stop this nonsense now, we'll tie you up! Really now!" Aoi added. "I'll do it right here right now." Ayame thought, hanafuda earrings kid randomly perked up when he saw the screaming boy, "Zenitsu!" he exclaimed when he saw the screaming boy "Zenitsu?" Ayame thought, "Who is that?" Ayame wondered while the boys had their little reunion.Ayame looked behind the two boys and looked at the third, he was wearing a boar's head mask and honestly the first time Ayame met him she thought he was some sort of demon.The boy had been really quiet during his whole time there unlike his buddy the yellow haired one. "Aoi, I think I'll be going back to Muichiro's mansion.I'll be back tomorrow though." Ayame said as she turned to Aoi, "Alright, Ayame.We'll be waiting for you." Aoi replied and Ayame left on her way out; she bumped into Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho.

"Sumi, Kiyo, Naho!What are you three doing here?" Ayame exclaimed when she saw the three of them, "We heard you were leaving and we wanted to say goodbye to you, Miss Ayame." Sumi said, and Kiyo and Naho nodded. "Oh, no need to see me off, I'll be back tomorrow." Ayame said, while smiling at them. "God, these girls are cute." Ayame thought it was true that the girls were so small and they were so cute.Ayame couldn't help but wonder how it was that they came to be so cute..."Miss Ayame!" Sumi called, "Miss Ayame, we're talking to you!" Kiyo added, "Hm? Oh, sorry I was just...thinking."  Ayame said, snapping out of her trance-like state. "Well, anyway what were you girls saying?" Ayame asked, "Oh, well we were just saying that we hope you have a good rest of your day." Naho said.

Ayame said goodbye to the girls and started off to Muichiro's mansion.A few hours later Ayame arrived at Muichiro's mansion, "I'm back!" Ayame called when she entered the mansion "Welcome back,Ayame, how'd it go on Mount. Natagumo?" Haru asked as he greeted her at the entrance. "It went..well." Ayame said,taking off her shoes and entering the mansion, "Actually...you know the hanafuda earrings kid we used to talk about?" she asked him, "Yeah what about him?" Haru replied cautiously, seeming confused as to why she was mentioning him now. "Well, I saw him when I went to Mount. Natagumo." Haru nodded, "Okay? So what about him?" Haru asked Ayame "Nothing. I just wanted to let you know I saw him,oh and his name is Tanjirou he also has a younger sister...a demon sister." Ayame said, and started to walk with Haru.Haru frowned when he thought he heard something wrong, "A demon!" Haru exclaimed, obviously shocked by the fact that a demon slayer would have a demon sister. "Yes a demon.But she's a nice demon...I think..." Ayame told him,

"You think?"

" Well, that's what they told us."

"Who told you?"

"The crow.There was a crow that delivered a message on Mount. Natagumo."

"Oh.And I'm assuming it was a direct message from headquarters?"

"You guessed it." Ayame said, and Haru just nodded. "Hm, that's...interesting to say the least." Haru commented, "Yeah it is...well I'm going to go take a nap.I've got to go back to the butterfly mansion tomorrow." Ayame said, and began walking to her room, "Alright, sleep well." Haru told her before he walked off too.

Ayame was walking to her room when she bumped into Muichiro. "Oh, Master Muichiro it's nice to see you after such a long time."  Ayame said, a big smile on her face.Muichiro stayed silent, examining Ayame as if he had never met her before, "Master?" Ayame asked, confused at Muichiros reaction, then she remembered her master was the forgetful type...the really forgetful type.Ayame sighed "Master its me, Ayame Hayashi...your tsuguko?" Ayame said, trying to get him to remember, "Oh, it's you, Ayame." Muichiro finally  answered.Ayame sighed, relieved that Muichiro at least remembered her a little. "Well I've got to go, as you know my time is precious and you should know that by now." Muichiro told her and left, "Right." Ayame muttered, "You never let me forget it." she said to herself before continuing on to her room.