Chapter 6

"Welcome back." Kiriya said "Congratulations." Kanata continued, "We're glad to see that you're safe." Kiriya said. "So? What am I supposed to do now?" A boy said Ayame recognized him immediately as Genya Shinazugawa ,he had been trained by the stone hashira,Gyomei Himejima. "Where's my sword?"  Genya demanded, Ayame immediately dislikes him. "First we shall issue you all uniforms,We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved." Kanata said, "There are ten ranks in all." Kiriya continued,

"Kinoe."

"Kinoto."

"Hinoe."

"Hinoto."

"Tsuchinoe."

"Tsuchinoto."

"Kanoe."

"Kanoto."

"Mizunoe."

"Mizunoto."

Kiriya and Kanata took turns naming the ranks. "Currently you are at the lowest rank, Mizunoto." Kanata told them, "And our swords?" Genya asked, he was obviously impatient to get his sword, annoying Ayame even more, "Today we will let you choose the ore for your swords ,but the swords will take fifteen days to complete." Kanata said, answering Genya's question, "Are you kidding me?" Genya exclaimed,obviously annoyed by that answer  "But first..." Kanata clapped her hands twice and five crows flew towards Ayame and the rest of the new demon slayers,  Ayame's crow flew to her arm surprising Ayame but not scaring her "What a lovely creature." Ayame thought, stroking her crow as she held it.Ayame didn't pay much attention when Kiriya and Kanata explained about the Kasugi crows, Muichiro had already explained to her what they were so she already knew most of what they were.Suddnely Genya shook his crow off of his arm and started marching towards Kiriya and Kanata, Ayame actually paid attention to him this time, "Who the hell cares about some stupid crow!" Genya yelled and grabbed Kanata by the hair.

It was official, Ayame hated the guy, Ayame let go of her crow and walked towards Genya and put a hand on his shoulder, "Hey! Let go of her." Ayame told him squeezing his shoulder a bit. "Like hell I will." Genya replied smacking Ayame's hand to get it off of his shoulder, Before Ayame could do anything else Hanafuda earrings kid got involved and grabbed Genya's arm, "Huh?"  "She wasn't asking, now get your hand off her.Or else I'll break your arm!" Hanafuda earrings kid said, his grip on Genya's arm tightening.Ayame was surprised that hanafuda earrings kid defended her, she hadn't noticed him though she was relieved to see that he was alive. "Let's see you try." Genya was basically daring him to do it.

Hanafuda earrings kid took a breath and began to tighten his grip on Genya's arm, suddenly Genya cried out in pain "Ahh!" he cried, he had let go of Kanata and backed away holding his arm. "Are you finished chatting?" Kiriya asked them, Before any of them could say anything else Kiriya pulled off a cloth from a table revealing a bunch of ores. "Now then, please select an ore, The steel for the sword that will annihilate demons and protect you will be of your own choosing." Kiriya announced waiting for them to pick an ore. "Which ore should I choose?" Ayame wondered she'd never seen an ore in her life so she went with the easiest option "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch a tiger a tiger by the toe, if he hollers let him go, eeny, meeny, miny, moe." Ayame thought to herself before stepping up and choosing the ore that she landed on.

Soon after Hanafuda earrings kid also picked his ore, then Kanao, Genya, and then finally a yellow haired kid.Once they were done Ayame made her way back to Muichiro's mansion, she was happy about being able to see Haru again and Muichiro.Ayame traveled as fast as possible to be able to see Haru as fast as possible, though her new uniform was weighing her down.After a few days of traveling she finally made it to Muichiro's mansion.