Chapter 14

It continued on like that for three days. In those three days Tanjirou finally managed to catch up to both Ayame and Kanao, a surprising feat.The boys had finally gotten their first mission since the one on Mount. Natagumo.Ayame had heard it was the one Lord Rengoku was going on.The mugan train mission. it was a tough one; many people had gone missing on that train, likely because of a demon.Ayame wouldn't be surprised if an upper moon was the cause of that, but Ayame was sure that Lord Renguko would be able to deal with it.Ayame had met Lord Renguko a few times before, they'd had a few vague encounters.Even so Ayame still considered Lord Renguko a close ally.

Ayame wished the best for the boys, sadly she wasn't able to be there when they left for the mission.She had accompanied Muichiro on one of his missions two days before, and now were coming back.Ayame and Muichiro had been staying at an inn when she had gotten the news of the boys mission. "I'm sure they'll be fine.They're with Kyojuro after all." Ayame thought, undoing her hair and combing it.Once she was done she went over to Muichiro's room, comb in hand.

"Master, I'm here to comb your hair." She announced, standing outside his door before she went in.Muichiro was inside staring out of the window, gazing at the moon.Ayame walked over to Muichiro and sat next to him, "I'm going to comb your hair now." Ayame told him, taking a strand of his hair and starting to comb through it, his hair was soft and silky, the comb basically floating through it except for the occasional knot in it.It hadn't always been that way of course, when Ayame first started training under Muichiro his hair was a mess.It was knotted and extremely matted, due to Muichiro forgetting about it constantly.So Ayame took it upon herself to take care of it, and fifteen washes and thirty combing sessions later Ayame had finally achieved perfection.

Ayame admired her work as she combed through Muichiro's hair, taking extra care with the knots in the hair. "The moon, it's pretty today..." Muichiro noted as he stared at the moon, Ayame nodded "Yes, yes it is." she agreed.Muichiro yawned, he kept staring at the moon tentatively "I wonder what the moon is like..." Muichiro muttered. "I guess we'll never know, not in our lifetimes at least." Ayame remarked, she had finished combing Muichiros hair.Ayame sighed, leaning back admiring the wonderful job she had done combing Muichiro's hair, "Well, I should probably take my leave now." Ayame stood up and left, leaving Muichiro alone. Muichiro turned back to look at the door and nodded, "What a pretty lady..." he muttered, "What was her name again?..." he wondered, turning back to the window and staring at the moon. "She'll be my moon then." He told himself as he looked out at the moon.