5 | Photos

Hinata entered the forest again.

"Komaeda, I wish you would help me with my assignment,"

A flash of light appeared and there he stood. "Good afternoon, Hinata-kun!" He said happily. "What do you wish for?"

"Could you help me with my assignment?"

"Ah, I do not know math,"

"It's not math,"

"Or English,"

"It's not English,"

"Or science,"

"It's not science,"

"Or anything else,"

"All I need you to do is pose for the photos,"

"Photos?"

Hinata nodded. "I have to take pictures for this assignment,"

"I see. Well... go ahead. Just tell me how to pose, okay?"

"Yeah. Can you sit down in the grass?"

Komaeda did as he was told. Hinata took lots of photos of him from different angles and in different poses. Komaeda was now laying in the the grass on his stomach with his legs in the air. His wings were spread.

"Can you stand up now?"

"Mhm." He stood up. Hinata grabbed his hand.

"Is this okay?"

The wind brushed through Komaeda's hair.

"Yes,"

"Alright then... can you put some hair behind your ear?"

Komaeda did so and Hinata took a photo of it.

"I think that's enough,"

"Are you only going to take photos of me?"

"Yeah. The assignment was to take photos of pretty stuff,"

"And I'm... pretty stuff?"

"Yeah,"

"I do not understand why everyone thinks I am so pretty. It is weird... Is that all humans see?"

"Huh?"

"Beauty, I mean. Why is that all anyone ever says?" He tilted his head.

"I don't know, I guess we just notice it. I can't compliment your personality if I barely know you, right?"

"But... I did. I said you were kind. You never told me something like that,"

"Uh... I... you're right, damn. Sorry. You're pretty, but you're also really sweet,"

"Thank you." He smiled. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Yes, actually. I don't know how I didn't think of this earlier. I wish for world peace,"

"Oh! Uhm... I will certainly do my best! It will take a while though." He got down on his knees and put his hands together.

Then, a flash of light appeared. It was much brighter than the light that came when Komaeda went to earth.

"My child." The voice sounded like it was coming from everywhere all at once.

Hinata stared with wide eyes.

"Do not worry yourself with these issues." He lifted up Komaeda's chin with his hand. "Do not attempt to grant big wishes like this one,"

"But..."

"Silence, my child. You are merely an Angel. I am God. Leave world peace to me."

"Jesus Christ..." Hinata whispered.

"No, not Jesus Christ." He said.

"Wh... wha... are you really God?"

"Yes."

"What the hell..? D-does hell exist? Do demons exist??"

"Hinata Hajime. Do not worry about that."

He took a deep breath, trying to calm down. God was standing in front of him. God. God and one of his Angels.

"Alright... this is fine and normal. You're like... Komaeda's dad, right?"

"Correct."

"Can I hang out with him outside of the forest?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"He is the perfect Angel. He has a pure soul. He knows nothing about you humans and he does not need to. I will not let him be tainted by your sins."

"Tainted by my sins? I just wanna take him out for burgers, I swear,"

"I do not care. He is the perfect Angel. He experiences no harm and no sadness. He will stay perfect and pure."

Komaeda looked down at the floor. No harm and no sadness, huh? He didn't think he was all that pure either with all the things the other Angels did to him.

"Father, I..."

"Yes?"

"Ah, I... I am not that perfect,"

God looked at him. "My child... who tainted you? You are not supposed to be insecure... It was you, wasn't it? Human."

"It wasn't Hinata-kun at all..." He hugged himself.

"Who did this to you?! Tell me, my child!"

"No one..."

"Answer me, my child."

"The, uhm... the other Angels are cruel to me..."

"I will deal with them. Do not worry."

"No!" Komaeda pleaded. "No, don't! Do not hurt them, please, father!"

"My child. They ruined the perfect Angel,"

"I-I can still be perfect! I fulfill all the wishes and I am kind to humans and I never left the forest!"

Hinata decided to interrupt then. "Uh... God. ...my Lord? What do I say to you?"

"Just God is fine."

"I think Komaeda needs space. He needs to spread his wings,"

"Spread his wings?"

"Yeah. Like, this wide." He reached his arms as far apart as he could. "Doesn't that sound cool?"

"No. Why would he need to do that?"

"Because everyone needs that. Do you monitor the other Angels this much?"

"No."

"See? And I bet they don't feel as pressured as Komaeda does. Let me show him the human world a bit. Let him be free. He can still fulfill wishes, but he'll just walk around the city while he doesn't,"

"Perhaps."

Komaeda's eyes sparkled. Was Hinata really convincing his father to do something?

"What would you do with Komaeda right now if I let you spend time with him?"

"I'd take him to a fast food place,"

"His wings would cause trouble."

"We'll figure something out." Hinata shrugged.

"I see. My child, you can leave the forest. But come here as soon as someone makes a wish." With that, he disappeared.

Komaeda pulled Hinata in for a tight hug. "Thank you thank you thank you!!"

Hinata's face turned red. "Uh, no problem,"