28 | Strength

Komaeda loved laying in his bed in heaven. He loved the satin sheets and pillows and when the sunlight hit his face in the morning, waking him up softly. He loved wearing pretty nightgowns. Yes, he may have been a boy, but there was nothing wrong with wanting to feel like a pretty princess once in a while, right?

"Komaeda, are you okay?" Hinata asked. "If you need anything, let me know,"

The Angel looked up at his boyfriend. "Hinata-kun... am I still your pretty princess even when I'm all gross and tired like this?"

"Uh... yeah. Of course." He kissed his forehead. He had no idea what Komaeda was talking about. "You'll always my, uh, pretty princess..?"

Komaeda smiled softly. "Thank you. Do you know where Servant is?" He asked weakly.

The Angel was terribly exhausted. When it came to the bodies of Angels, demons and humans, there were some differences.

Angels couldn't handle excessive heat or cold well. Everything from their necks down to their ankles was thin and delicate to add to their elegance. Usually, Angels would never have to fight or go to hell, so they didn't need super strong bones or skin that could endure a lot.

Demons could handle excessive heat easily, but they could also freeze just as quickly. They were stronger than Angels, but weaker than humans, unless they were the kind of demon that was born huge and strong.

Humans could handle both heat and cold. Heat not as much as demons, but they wouldn't pass out during a hot summer day like an Angel would. They were stronger than both Angels and demons. So, if Hinata ever wanted to fight servant and Komaeda, he could easily knock them out. He would never do that though.

"I'll go take a look, okay?" He left the room and saw the two demons in the hallway. Okay, he had to pretend he didn't know servant. "Uh, who's that?" He asked.

"Ahh!! Sorry, Hinata, this is servant. My ex boyfriend-"

"Ex?" Servant asked, pouting. "You just said-"

"Boyfriend! I mean boyfriend,"

"...right. Okay. Nice to meet you." He reached his hand out to shake Servant's, but it got slapped away.

"Are you trying to touch Takeshi? He's my boyfriend, not yours!"

"I was trying to shake your hand, dude, calm down. Takeshi, he's wearing those cuffs too. Do all your partners have to wear those?"

The prince nodded. "It's my dad's stupid tradition. I'm the prince of hell and no one else is, so any demons I might date are below me and they belong to me. The cuffs are supposed to show that,"

"Your dad's tradition, huh?" Servant asked, holding onto his arm. "I don't remember your dad putting these on me, Keshi,"

"Well, he- I... I might have told my friends about that tradition and they wanted me to do it, but I didn't want to,"

"But at the end of the day-" he kissed his cheek. "-you cracked under the pressure and did it. That's okay. I like my men pathetic,"

Hinata suppressed a chuckle.