9 | Double Trouble

"Hinata-kun, I'm very sleepy..." Komaeda said, taking off his shoes. They went upstairs into Hinata's room.

"You can take a nap if you want to,"

"Take a nap?" Komaeda tilted his head, confused.

"That means sleeping,"

"I see. Then I will do that. I'll go to heaven, okay? I sleep best in my own bed. See you later, Hinata-kun!" The ray of light appeared. Hinata grabbed his wrist.

"Wait, you forgot your- Woah!" He looked around.

Komaeda gasped. "You're not supposed to be here!" He said.

Hinata looked down. He was standing on clouds. Lots of Angels were staring at him. "Damn..." Hinata muttered. "All Angels really are beautiful," he pointed out. "Not as beautiful as Komaeda though,"

"Hey!" Someone yelled. "How rude!"

"Hinata-kun, I need to bring you back to earth!" Komaeda said.

"No way. I'm in heaven. I gotta explore this place!" He began to walk away.

"Nonono! If father finds out, he will be so upset with me..." He hurried to catch up to his friend. "Hinata-kun, please don't!" He pleaded.

"Your dad won't find out,"

"He always finds out." Komaeda grabbed his hands and looked at him with the best puppy eyes he could manage to do. "Hinata-kun, please don't... I'll do anything," he promised.

Hinata turned red. "Fine, alright. If you look at me like that, I can't say no,"

"Oh, thank you thank you thank you!" He hugged Hinata and they went back to earth. "But the other Angels will definetly still tell father... They're so mean to me..."

"You really remind me of that woman..." Hinata said, changing the topic.

"Huh? Of who?"

"Of a poet we learned about in class. Her name was Byakuren Yanagiwara and she had a pretty tragic life story. She was also known for being very beautiful. You both have the same soft and delicate features. Your eyes are always full of hope and love. But there's also always this shimmer of sadness inside them,"

"Sadness? But I'm happy," he assured Hinata.

The brunet raised an eyebrow.

"I promise! That's the one thing I'm completely roger about. Except right now, actually. Father is going to be furious... Hinata-kun, you have to help me... p-please,"

"Sure, but how?"

"Aaah!! Oh no!! He's coming!"

"Quick, hide behind me!"

Komaeda rushed behind Hinata.

"My child." A voice said as a huge ray of light illuminated Hinata's room. The Angel got picked up by his father. "I give you freedom and in return you bring a human to heaven? I thought you were better than this."

"I'm sorry!! I'm so sorry, i-it was an accident!"

"My child, if this is how you act, I will have to forbid you from going to earth in your freetime."

"God, Sir, please listen to me," Hinata said. "Komaeda was gonna go back to heaven to get some sleep. He forgot to put on his shoes so I touched him to get his attention, but he was already on his way to heaven and he couldn't do anything about it. It was a simple accident,"

"Human, tell me. Did you see anything special in heaven?"

"Other than a bunch of hot babes? No,"

The father stared at him, mouth hanging open. Komaeda had a similar expression on his face.

"What? You're the one who made the Angels look like super hot babes, right? It's your fault,"

"I was not aware humans were so blunt." He put Komaeda down again. "Well then, I will let it slide. Goodbye, my dear child." He kissed Komaeda's forehead and left.

"You protected me again! You're my hero, Hinata-kun!" Komaeda said, smiling sweetly.

"Don't mention it. That's just an average day for me," He said, proud.

-

The next day, Komaeda was busy in the morning. It's not like he had anything he needed to do, but in the middle of the night, he felt the strong urge to rearrange his entire room and went to bed at 5 in the morning, so he was asleep while Hinata was at school.

The brunet made his way over to the forest, where Komaeda was sitting now that school was over for the day.

"Hey, Komaeda!" Hinata called out, approaching him.

The pale Angel sat on the floor, picking out flowers. "Oh, hello, Hinata-kun!"

Hinata furrowed his eyebrows. Komaeda looked different, somehow. His face was the same, his body was the same, his hair was the same. He looked the exact same, just... he wasn't glowing like usual.

"Are you okay?" Hinata asked. "You look a bit... off,"

"Are you calling me ugly?"

"No! Of course not, I would never. I've told you plenty of times that you're beautiful,"

Komaeda got up, smiling. "You're right. I don't think I tell you enough that you're super handsome." He put a hand on Hinata's chest, making his face turn red.

"Oh, uh, thanks,"

"You're always so kind to me," he still had that sweet smile on his face. "I'll let you do whatever you want,"

"Whatever I want? Like... a wish?"

"To me, silly,"

"To you?"

"Mhm. You can tell me to do whatever you want me to. I know you want to,"

This was weird. Komaeda had made it obvious he wasn't interested in that kind of stuff. Why was he acting like this..?

A ray of light appeared.

"Eh??? Hinata-kun, what in heaven's name are you doing??" Komaeda asked.

Hinata stared at the other Komaeda. He was glowing, so he had to be the real one. "Komaeda? Then who the hell is this guy?"

"Huh? I'm the real Komaeda! Hinata-kun, are you rejecting me?" The fake one asked, pouting.