23 | Peace Treaty

Komaeda was brought to hell's castle and set down on the floor there. The devil sat down on his throne. "Your father will be here soon."

"Mmh!!" Komaeda tried speaking, but still couldn't.

"Calm yourself. Whatever happens, I am sure you are going to be fine."

A big ray of light appeared and God showed himself. Hinata stood next to him.

"Welcome back, my old friend." Devil smirked. "I assume you know why you are here?"

"I know." He got onto one knee and bowed his head. "My most sincere apologies. I am truly sorry. I did not mean to do what I did."

"Apologies don't bring my demon back."

"I am aware of that. What can I do to make it up to you? I will do whatever it takes."

"There are two options." He stated.

"And which options are those?"

A demon stepped into the room, quickly looking over at Komaeda. The Angel stared back at him, confused.

"To sign a peace treaty, so to speak, our children would have to marry each other."

Hinata glared at the devil. "I'd have thought the devil had something more creative in mind. That's human behavior,"

"Quiet, human." He hissed.

God stepped in front of Hinata. "What is the second option?"

"We go to war against one another."

Komaeda's eyes widened. His father looked over at him.

"Let him speak." Devil ordered and a demon finally removed the piece of fabric from his mouth.

"Father, Hinata-kun! Are you both okay?"

"I am not hurt, my child."

"I'm fine," Hinata assured him.

"My child, what are your thoughts at the moment?"

"Why am I in hell? Why is my boyfriend in hell?? What do I have to do with any of this and why am I still tied up?!" He said, voice getting louder and louder with each word as he freaked out.

"I meant about the peace treaty."

He took a deep breath. "Right. I apologize. I don't want to marry devil's child, but... I definetly don't want war. I really don't..."

"Or!" Devil suddenly began. "A third option -an evil option, just my style- just popped into my head."

"What would that be?"

"I kill one of your Angels."

"No!" Komaeda yelled. "Don't hurt anyone. I'll get married! Just don't take anyone's life, please,"

"Fine with me." Devil said. "Takeshi, go untie him."

The demon that had walked into the room before walked towards Komaeda and undid the ropes. He had short black hair and tan skin. His eyes were a fiery red and he had horns like servant, though his weren't as small as the ones of the pale demon.

"I'm Takeshi. Nice to meet you," he said gently. Komaeda didn't respond. Takeshi helped him up.

"Father, when do we have to get married?" Takeshi asked.

"As soon as possible. How about tomorrow? Then you'll have a little time to get to know each other."

Hinata walked to Komaeda and wrapped his arms around him. He didn't care that he was now engaged. Everyone knew he didn't love Takeshi anyway, so it didn't matter.

Meanwhile, God could be heard whispering to the young Angel. "I am sorry, my child. This is my fault..."