22 | Yelling

"I don't wanna go back home today. Can I stay with you? In heaven, I mean,"

"Sure! You've been there before anyways, I don't think anyone's gonna say something. We should ask my father first though,"

"Thank you, babe,"

Komaeda held Hinata's hand and they teleported into the palace Komaeda lived in. "Father?" He called out.

"Yes, my child?"

Hinata looked around. "Your dad's not even here. How is he talking to us? That makes no sense,"

"He is God,"

"...fair,"

"Can Hinata-kun stay here for tonight?"

"My child, I cannot keep allowing you to break the rules."

"Pleeease? I always do my job and grant wishes, I'm such a good Angel... Can't I get a reward?"

"Fine... Okay, he can stay here."

"Thank you, you're the best! And I have another question, actually. So, I granted Hinata-kun the wish to make his father more calm, but now it kind of stopped working. Is that normal?"

"That can happen, yes. His father's rage was more powerful than your power to grant wishes, my child."

Hinata clenched his fists. "So... his wish to yell at me was stronger than his wish to have a good relationship with me?"

"Put bluntly, yes."

"Then fix him!" Hinata shouted. "You're God, aren't you?! So fix him!"

"I do not change humans after they were born."

"Why not?! He sucks!"

"If I can just change humans completely once they were born, free will would not exist anymore."

Komaeda looked at Hinata, worried. "Hinata-kun, it's gonna be okay." He kissed his cheek. "Everything's going to be fine,"

"No! It's not gonna be fine! He never changes!" He grabbed Komaeda by his shoulders. "Why won't he change?! No one likes him the way he is! Doesn't he want to get along with me?! Doesn't he love me?!" He stopped yelling after that. The only thing that could be heard was his rapid breathing. He stared into Komaeda's eyes as his own ones burned with rage. Then, that rage turned into sadness.

"I mean... he's my dad, right? He's supposed to..."

"I'm roger he loves you," Komaeda said hesitantly. Hinata let out a sad chuckle when he heard him misuse the word again.

"Uh..." he looked up. "God..? Can you tell me if he loves me?" Hinata called out.

"Your father does love you."

"Then why doesn't he show it?!"

Komaeda gasped as Hinata raised his voice again. The brunet noticed that and his eyes widened.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, I'm... not like him, am I? I don't want to be like him,"

"No, you're not. You're just upset. It's okay. How about we go to sleep for now?"

"...sure,"

They went into Komaeda's room and laid down on his bed. "Can we cuddle, Hinata-kun?"

"Yeah, of course,"

Komaeda put his head on Hinata's chest. "It's going to be alright, Hinata-kun,"

"...I hope so,"

The Angel closed his eyes and fell asleep.

-

He woke up to loud noises. He couldn't move his arms or legs. He couldn't see or speak either.

"Mmmh!!" He yelped, scared.

"Don't touch him!" He heard Hinata shout at someone. Then he heard groans and screaming. What was going on?!

He felt himself being picked up.

"Let go of him, you freak!"

Then, Komaeda felt that horrible heat again. He began to panic. He wanted to take deep breaths, but there was some kind of fabric inside his mouth, preventing him from talking. With his wrists and ankles tied up, he couldn't remove the gag either. Finally, his eyes got uncovered. As expected, he was in hell.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." The demon laughed.

"Mmh!!"

"Sorry, princess, I can't hear you." He dropped him onto the ground. Komaeda winced in pain. "Your father broke the one rule hell and heaven had established. No killing of the people from the other side. Devil isn't allowed to kill your little Angel friends and God isn't allowed to kill demons. I don't think it was his intention, but when he defended you when my friend held you hostage, he killed him,"

"Mm-mm!!"

"Don't worry, Angel. I won't kill you." He grabbed his chin with one hand.

Loud, powerful footsteps approached him from behind. "Angel, child of God, I hope you arrived safely." A wide grin spread across their face. "I'm the devil. Truly, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."