Risky Business

A Charah Tale

By Lord Rapier

Edited and guided by CliffM

Chapter 27:

Risky Business

Fighting the urge to fool around in the shower Chuck and Sarah are finally dressed and heading out the door, just as Ellie is heading out of hers. She runs across the courtyard and hugs Sarah, "Sis, I've been missing you, Devon said he saw you this morning. I was so jealous, he also said you got Chuck to exercise. I sniffed his breath to see if he was drinking."

Sarah laughs and hugs her back, "I miss you too Sis, but..." she shrugs her shoulders, "You know... honeymoon... your brother's a beast."

Ellie laughs, "Okay TMI, TMI, that's my brother, ugh." She reaches out and touches the locket affixed to Sarah's collar, "Sarah that's gorgeous, it looks beautiful on you."

Sarah smiles, "Open it."

Ellie pushes the small button to unlock it, when it pops open, she sees the picture of them kissing, "How romantic, don't tell me my little brother came up with this."

Sarah closes the locket, turns, kisses Chuck, then rests her head on his shoulder her arm around his waist. "He sure did. He's a true Master of romance."

Ellie shakes her head, "Okay this is officially sick, I'm jealous of my brother. Devon is going to have to step up his game. I may send him to the Chuck Bartowski School of Romance."

Sarah smiles, pleased at Ellie's words and asks, "Are you guys free at all this weekend? We still haven't done our housewarming dinner."

Ellie explains Sadly, "I'm sorry Sarah. The weirdest thing happened. We won a contest that we didn't even know we entered. We won a weekend in Palm springs all expenses paid. It's in two weeks. Since we need the time off, both of us have to work a forty-eight hour shift this weekend. The shift doesn't end until Sunday evening, but maybe next week. If you could keep an eye on the apartment, we'd appreciate it."

Chuck smiles and thinks, Damn Casey you are good.

Sarah hugs her, "Of course, don't worry about anything. We'll keep an eye on things. You just focus on work, and try to get some rest, that's a long shift."

Ellie walks over and hugs Chuck, "Have a good weekend, Chuck. You guys take care of each other. I won't be here if you get into trouble."

Chuck smiles, "I'll try El, it's not like I'm going to have to fight Cobra Kai baddies. Plus I have Sarah to protect me, she's the real beast."

Ellie laughs she says sarcastically, "Right, that sweet girl is a beast. You be good to her. You're not going to find better. We'll see you Sunday night."

Sarah gets excited, "Hey, why don't I have a nice dinner ready for you guys when you get home Sunday? That way you can relax and get some rest after a long weekend."

Ellie turns back to Sarah, "Wow Sis, that's so nice of you. We should be back by six. Remember Devon eats healthy. You can save the junk food for me and Chuck. She laughs, "I'd better get going, Devon is waiting in the car for me."

Sarah puts her arm around Ellie's waist, "We'll walk you out, we were just leaving too."

Chuck opens the car door for Ellie, he bends and waves at Devon, "Hey Bro", then gives his sister a quick kiss on the cheek. "Have fun at work Sis." Chuck closes the door, and they drive off.

Sarah gives Chuck a dirty look, "So I'm a beast, huh?"

Chuck takes her in his arms, "Yes, but you're my beast."