Chapter 04 : You are still beautiful to me.

• Dedicated to Chhaya Sampat

After dropping Suzan to bus stop that morning, Isabelle did not feel like going home. Her unsettled mind won't calm down. Why was she feeling like a helpless, weak and broken puppet on the big stage? Who was holding her string and directing different puppet's entry on the stage show of her life? Till now she had played her part with perfection. Was anyone up there re-writing her play script? Ethan's entry was uncalled for and unexpected. Was there something she did not know? Was he to play back some part which he had left uncompleted earlier? What caused him to contact her? Did he ever think about her pain; her hurt? Was he not scared of her anger?

These questions were eating her from inside resembling fatal, toxic and poisonous leeches. Golden, crimson flames of her anger were going to engulf Ethan if he dared to come closer. The blazing fumes were refusing to be tamed, growing more powerful by her hate every minute. She was shaking with too much untamed energy now. How was she supposed to calm herself? 

She went as her legs took her, to a nearby park. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom everywhere, because spring was starting. The pure white petals with just a hint of pink looked glorious. Trees in full bloom were white from top to bottom. White, snowy petals of sakura were little by little falling in the spring breeze caressing her blazing cheeks. Families had gathered around the trees, with their picnic baskets, enjoying the wonderful ambience and taking pictures of this breath taking natural magnificence. She stopped for a minute. The faces of robust, dapper Isaac and lovable little Suzan came in her mind. Was she being unfaithful by just thinking about another man? She had not cheated on her man and she was not planning to do so.

As she strolled further beneath the pink, majestic canopy, she wondered was it not for the beauty of cherry blossoms, would Japanese still be such jubilant, cheerful and positive people? Today these flowers looked akin to a quiet symbol of graceful resignation. She too felt similar to a delicate, fallen cherry blossom herself whose fragile petals were scattered by heavy, forceful and frightening force. She loved coming in this park but the dramatic site of garden with its full glory did little to sooth and revive her hurt spirit.

How was she going to put herself together? She sighed gloomily and lowered her aching limbs on the nearby bench, trying and failing in composing herself. Painful limbs were taken care of but who was going to take care of her aching heart?

As if pulled by an unknown force, she pulled out her mobile from her sling bag. She was very tensed and antsy. Dark, wet patches of perspiration started to break out in her under arms and sheen of sweat rolled out to wet her palm even though the climate was pleasant. Before she can take a look at her phone, it just slipped out of her slippery hands. She cursed and bent own to pick it up. Whoa! What did she notice? Instead of wearing her Reebok easy tone shoes, she was wearing her Valentino lace and satin pumps!!!! Had she lost her senses? Wearing her most expensive designer shoes with her normal walk wear? How outrageous and silly it was?

But she was done with torturing herself. With trembling hands she dared to open her face book account. There was nothing new except the same massage of the early morning. She kept on reading it again and again.

Now she could not stop herself and replied "Hi! Tell me Ethan."

Her hand went to her mouth and she started to bite her manicured nails. Why did she reply? She tried to delete the message, but it was on its way!

Oh!  Straight away the message from Ethan blinked at her from screen. "How is life?"

So he was waiting for her message. Why?

Miles away, a soft glow spread on one man’s face as he looked at his computer. He was sure to his bone that Isabelle was going to reply and that's why he was continuously checking his account.