Chapter 14 : I'm coming around.

When he declared pleasantly that he had taken a day off from work, his wife was slightly astonished. It had been long since he had taken his family out. Isaac was very busy lately as he had got promoted. Life was hectic and he was unable to connect with his loved ones the way he wanted.

 For a short while, he just wanted to escape the hustle and bustle of Tokyo and wanted to enjoy the day. He decided to take his family to the oldest zoo in the Japan, Ueno.

As they entered the zoo amid sea of visitors, Suzan was literally dancing in excitement, clapping her small, chubby hands. Her cherubic, angelic face was a sight to behold not only for her parents but also for whoever saw her.

He stole a glance at his lovely wife.

Her face sparkled with radiance as she clasped her hand with his. He was rendered speechless. She usually didn't believe in showing her affection in public. What had happened to her today? This was really a fun way to spend the day and he was sure their little girl was going to love the thrill of facing nose-to-nose with those amazing wildlife the zoo offered. Once they started to walk along beautifully designed walkways in the open space, Isabelle let go of Suzan after securing her hat again. The little girl was tempted to compete with the wind and run around. He was sure Suzan was going to get tanned in a matter of minutes despite applying the sunscreen.

Isabelle stopped walking for a minute as she took out her sunglasses from her designer bag. He noticed that her lovely fingers fumbled in the bag for a minute, staying a bit longer inside than required, as if she was searching for something. There was some hesitation in her mind as she closed it back.

"Have you forgotten something sweetheart? What were you looking for?" He couldn't stop asking.

"Oh! I have not forgotten anything. I was just making sure Suzan's pullover is there. It may get windy by the time we returned home. What a lovely day this is and I want to enjoy it to the fullest. I can't wait to see the infamous five story pagoda, which was rebuilt after the destruction by fire."

"Yes, we should even check the tea ceremony house."

"I am surprised to find such a large zoo right in the middle of Tokyo which has many wild animals. It's done so beautifully. I like the diverse plants and trees. "

"I knew both of you will like this place. I had checked it out before coming. What happened darling? Why do you look disappointed?"

"I wonder where my favourite cherry blossoms have gone but I guess, the petals must have fallen off the trees due to warm temperatures and rain."

"Oh! Such a small thing! You had me worried. Don't fret; it will come again next year."

"Yes, but it might not be the same." She looked forlorn as she said it. Her eyes were looking at the distant space and a flicker of sorrow deepened the blue of her eyes as if it was a clouded sky. He hoped those eyes won't start raining tears now. What did she mean by that? Lately Isabelle was lost in her world many times and he couldn't enter the barrier built around her.

"Come on babe, we are here to enjoy. Forget all your worries please. I am there for you. Don't think too much." He delicately touched a tuft of soft hair which were kissing her cheeks and tucked it behind her ears. Did she know how picturesque she looked in her pink tone coloured jeans and geometric top? Why was she worried about cherry blossom when she looked like one?

"Mom, I want to see the panda. It must be big." Suzan kept on pulling her hand repeatedly till Isabelle didn't look at her.

"Yes, my cutie pie, we are going that side only."

They passed a big lake with water lilies and lotuses in the middle of the zoo.

Suzan loved to watch the Panda munching bamboo but for her, the petting zoo was a real highlight. There were goats, sheep, chickens and rabbits, all left to run around freely. She frolicked with these domesticated animals as Isaac kept on taking pictures.