Chapter 05 : Right now I feel - just like a leaf on a breeze.

• Dedicated to Soumya Parekh

LOCARNO, SWITZERLAND:

Ethan looked at bright, colorful flowers, pastel coloured buildings and started to wash and wipe paint brushes. He had fallen in love with the place.  This little fascinating region of Europe had the best of both worlds: the romance of Italy and the efficiency of Switzerland, making it a perfect location for work. Since morning, Ethan had headed into the mountains to have a look at stunning deep valleys which went into Alps. Valle do Campo looked as if it had popped right out of a postcard, with old pebble arched bridges and clusters of stone houses covered with green forests. He packed things and strolled down a dirt trail along the river, which was winding through a pleasant forested valley. Why was he expecting anyone to understand his journey? They had never walked his path. It was his and he had to go on alone. Did he have any other option? Those people were lucky who got love even after hurting but there were those too, the unlucky ones, who always got hurt even after giving so much love. Life was cruel; the wounds it gave were not obvious to every eye sometimes. His heart ached in silent torment and he kept on brooding whole way to his hotel.

TOKYO, JAPAN:

In the land of rising sun, a new day began.

"Belle, where are you?" Isaac was shouting at the top of his voice from the bathroom. He was getting late. Where was she?

There was no answer.

"Belle, I am calling you!” He said at full volume again when there was no response.

In other room, Isabelle just dropped a vase. Why was Isaac screaming? Her mind was unable to comprehend things now a day. In her anguish, the cherished jug had slipped from her hands.

Isaac heard a noise from outside. What did Isa break? The white sound of a vacuum cleaner hummed up in the air straight away.

He had applied shaving foam on his face and was standing in front of the bathroom mirror. He could not get the razor. The alpha man who won battles in board room was unable to find his own things and relied on his wife most of the time.

He waited till the vacuum died.

"What is wrong with you honey? Why are you not listening? Where is my shaver?" He tried calling his wife again. He had a niggling doubt that something was not right with her.

"It's there in front of you; inside the dresser. Find it yourself." Her irritated voice was too loud for the small hotel apartment.

"It looks misplaced." He told her.

Since last few days, BelIe appeared lost.

All of a sudden she came, resembling a hurricane, took out the razor from cupboard and thrust it in his hand.

"There you go mister! It was in front of you. Can't you see? Why are you wasting my time in the morning? Do you realize I just broke my favourite vase due to your screaming?" she talked without pausing for a breath. Her blazing eyes threw daggers at him, if he was any wiser, he would have ended there but the impatient man did not stop.

As Isabelle turned away and started to go back, he held her hand and stopped her. With other free hand, he twirled her towards him and looked at her.  What did he see?

He saw a frown which was making a permanent place on her lovely face. He noticed dark circles under her weary eyes. She had pulled her hair into a very tight bun at the nape. She looked very stern. Her vibrant and gorgeous smile was missing. On top of that she was wearing a very old t-shirt and pajamas. She was a fashion icon. She took proud in looking her best. Isaac had not seen her in such drab dress before. Did she know what happened to him when she was this way?