Chapter 15: I will be right here waiting for you.

A new message was flashing on her mobile, "I am sending you my mobile number. Please call me when you can or I am coming to your doorstep, going to knock till you don't open it."

Isabelle's forehead frowned. Her eyes narrowed as she read it. It was good that she was clutching her mobile tightly otherwise it might have fallen on the floor. She never failed to ask herself how this one particular person affected her mood even after so many years.

As she examined it again to make sure she wasn't making any mistake, her heart sunk lower to her stomach. What was she going to do? Was she bold enough to find her voice and call him? Was she brave enough to listen to her heart?

What would be the outcome if she was wrong? Was she strong enough to live a life which she had once imagined? Too much was at stake here. Her fingers went to pictures gallery on its own.  Isabelle kept on looking at the smiling faces of her family. How happy they were. Why Ethan cannot understand that life had changed her in such a way that she could never go back to be the person she was once.

But did he really want her to be that person? She wasn't sure. She had hardly talked with him and now he was threatening to come if she didn't contact him. This was a new Ethan whom she failed to recognize. Was he serious? What would happen if he really came to her front door?

Isabelle didn't want to create a single moment of misunderstanding between her and Isaac. She knew him very well. Her husband was a possessive man. That poisonous moment might make him forget the hundreds lovable moments spent together within a minute.

Why was Ethan forcing her? Didn't he make out he was twenty years late?

Isabelle wondered one more time if Ethan's wife knew about this. Why she didn't object to it? Perhaps the poor lady was unaware how her husband was threatening Isabelle's sanity and peace of mind. Whom had Ethan married? She couldn't recall any girls who were close to him at that time. But so much had happened. She didn't have a clue what life he led once Ethan had fled Mauritius.

Yes, fled was the correct word. Can she ever forget that fateful day??

**

Mauritius: Before twenty years:

Isabelle was glad she was home after days. Even though school had taken utmost care about everything, from serving hot meals to good accommodation; she had still missed her mom's food and her good, old bed. And of course, Ethan too. She was sure he was still angry as he had switched off his mobile. How lonesome he had looked when she left but she knew his anger will melt once he saw her smiling face. These seven days had become super difficult for her. How did he manage to live without talking to her? She had to agree, the boy had quite self control.

Ethan knew she was coming today. He must be on his way to meet her. Isabelle couldn't wait to fly in his welcoming arms.

There was a new spring in her walk while she kept her heavy luggage to one side of the drawing room corner and started to climb stairs, literally skipping as she ran up. Did she have enough time to freshen up? She wanted a quick shower to wash away that typical sweating smell of long journey. Her greasy hair was plastered to her head and she couldn't wait to bring it back to its shiny, normal state.

Isabelle opened her curtains and let sunshine fill her room. There was hardly a time to decide what to wear. Her eager hand fetched the first dress from wardrobe and she hurried towards bathroom. There was so much gossip to tell Nicky. But where was she? Why Nicole had not come to her room when Isabelle was returning after seven days?

The minute Isabelle came out, she saw Nicole sitting on her bed. What was wrong? Why was she crying?

Her joy burst like a punctured tier, the minute sobbing Nicole reached for her.