Chapter 24 : Oh! this heart is on fire burning for you.

Did Isaac have to attend that call when discussing these issues?

Isabelle stared at her husband as he left. In hurry, he hit another man, apologized and moved out. 

What others were doing didn't concern him. Did his peripheral vision see everything around him?  

She wished with fervour that Isaac won't recognize Ethan.

Isaac had not said a single word. That was not a good sign. Isabelle understood it well. Will he again boil his blood in rage when he came back? Words had a power to hurt them both. Will Isaac be careful this time?

She had told him the truth. Will the forgotten and buried past come in between them? 

She had talked about a boy whom she loved long ago. Will her former love turn into the worst nightmare now? 

Will Isaac judge her by her past or accept her for who she was today?

Isabelle had so many questions and most was unanswered.

Why was he taking so long? This scared her. She may start crying like the sky that can no longer bear the heaviness and starts pouring. Her heart couldn't take the pain

She lowered her head. Will Isaac have the courage to honour her loyalty and love? The task was daunting and Isabelle was unsure as she took a small sip of her wine. But with each swallow, she was getting more anxious. 

She tried to loosen herself in vain. But her eyes were on the entrance, resembling a shooter who just concentrates on aim.  Isabelle wasn't aware about anything happening around her. Only that door was visible. 

Nothing was going to come between her and Isaac this time, not even Ethan. Once she had sacrificed her love for her sister. She could do it again for her daughter. It was not easy at that time and it had become twice difficult now. Knowing which kind of man Ethan had become. 

Maybe she was born to forever fall in love with a man she couldn't have. 

That gorgeous oriental girl was smiling at Ethan.  Isabelle felt that she was trying to hold onto a relation that was just slipping through her fingers.

She kept on looking at them for a minute realizing; finally her love was dying a slow death. 

Her hands were shaking as she ignored the heavy beating of her heart and gulped more drink.

It was time to respect her vows which she had taken ten years back.

Where was her husband? She wanted him to take her far from here.

**

At the same time, few tables far:

“Ethan, are you going back in few days? Will you keep in touch?” Sachiko asked him.

Ethan sighed again. “Sachiko, I am flattered but I never promised you a relationship. I had not thought you will adore me so much. Please, try to understand, I may let you enter my world but you will never be a centre. Don't jump in this love thing with closed eyes. There is bound to be a disaster. Maybe one day you will find a guy who will return your love.”

She looked at him, her eyes, shining gems in dim light. “I acknowledge we won't be together and I will never have you. So what? That can't stop me loving you. Have you ever seen yourself from my eyes? I see no faults, no flaws, and no bounds. I am a hopeless romantic.” She squeezed his fingers. 

Ethan withdrew his hands and raised an eyebrow. “You are getting too sentimental. I am just a normal guy. And I am thankful for the love and trust you have showered on me. Who knows, we may be good for each other but this is not the time. Just give time some time. Let's do one thing. We forget love. How does that sound to you?”
Sachiko nodded her head in agreement.