Chapter 26 : Tell me we can make another start.

“Please darling, come and see me urgently. Give any excuse to your dumb wife. I will meet you at office. I know it's a weekend but I miss you too much. Isaac, don't forget I love you.”

Isabelle again read the note with sad, haunted eyes. 

Was it not enough that Isaac had humiliated and degraded her in front of the world? 

She was hardly able to come to terms with pain but infidelity on his part was another matter. 

On one hand, she didn't want to believe this. On the other, she did.

This time she was stabbed in the back by the one whom she needed most. 

Isabelle had been lied to by the man she loved and trusted. 

Talk about having the rug pulled out from underneath her.

“Are you alright honey? What happened?” The sympathetic florist asked Isabelle.

She wiped her tears as she nodded at him. But Isabelle desired some time before facing Isaac with this latest revelation.

She found some change, bought her cherished bouquet and advanced towards home. She admired these magnificent flowers which were a combination of mysterious purple and most gentle shade of lavender. What was she going to do with them now?

Isabelle stole a glance at the wrist watch and stopped by at Starbucks.

As soon as she entered, the invigorating and inviting aroma of brewed cappuccino soothed her senses.

She sank in a comfortable reclining armchair and put her royal flowers on nearby coffee table.  Usually she would be leafing through the dozens of glassware and cups kept on shelves, always picking something for her. She also bought Isaac's mocha from here. But today was different. Thankfully the hangout had peace and quiet. A popular music was played in background. But it didn't disturb her much.

She ordered her usual espresso. The cosy, homely atmosphere was trying to offer her a sense of calmness which she didn't seem to feel at this particular moment.

She was attended immediately but not disturbed afterwards. That's why she was partial to this place.

She took out the note again.

Ashlee. Hadn't she heard that name before?

Yes, she identified her. 

Isabelle had met this young beauty when Isaac got promoted and there was a small party for the celebration.

She closed her eyes and struggled hard to recollect that evening. It didn't take long. 

As she was talking with Isaac's colleagues and their wives during that small get to gather, her eyes had gone to a twine thin sculpted figure which had a tapered waist but ample curves. The woman's burnished complexion was smooth as satin. Isabelle noticed that the girl was stealing frequent glances at Isaac. Her eyebrows were arched with perfection and long thick eyelashes fanned her cheeks. But Isabelle could not help observing her dewy, mist valley green eyes, which were enough to make any man go weak on his knees. She had despised them. They were vivacious but devious.

“Hey Belle, come and meet my Executive Assistant.” Isaac had taken Isabelle's hand and led her to that mysterious woman.

“Ashlee, this is my wife. And Belle, this is Ashlee. My E.A. She really looks after me and keeps my life hassle free.”

“How are you Mrs. Isaac?” Ashlee up turned her snobbish nose when she pouted her bee stung Angelina Jolly lips at Isabelle.

Were her lips Botox boosted or collagen enhanced? Isabelle wondered.