Chapter 06 : I will always be there for you.

LAKE LUGANO:

LOCARNO, SWITZERLAND:

"It is not possible" said pride.

"It is dangerous" said experience.

"It is pointless" said reason.

"Why don't you give it a try" whispered the heart......    

~Anonymous.

He took out his mobile, looked at the screen hesitantly and opened the Facebook. She was so near and yet so far... a sigh escaped from his throat and he kept it back in his pocket.

Pride, experience, reason and heart - each had their own place. Whose advice was he supposed to follow?

As he started to walk along the picturesque lagoon, he marveled at the glorious greenish-blue water of the lovely and tranquil lake. It was divided between Italy and Switzerland and was surrounded by steep mountains, where Historic villages clang to the sides. On one side he can see the view of the water, and on the other - the clean city, with modern sculptures, fountains, cafes and restaurants. It was an Absolute bliss. Ethan looked at the stunning scenery, inhaled deeply and filled the freshest air in his lungs. He could not stop himself and took out his phone. Finally, the heart won!

TOKYO, JAPAN:

Isabelle exhaled her breath and paused for a minute. Her life was becoming too complicated. When she thought she knew the answers, life had changed the questions! The lessons learnt from the pain had made her strongest but the worst part of being strong was that nobody cared to ask, if she was hurt. With a heart breaking sigh, she again started ironing her husband's trouser suit, marveling at how the clothes fitted like a glove to that extroverted, charismatic male. Isaac was very particular. He always liked immaculately pressed outfit. The man was so precise when it came to details.

Her mobile indicated "New message". She just ran impatiently to check it. Designer suit and hot steam iron lapsed from the memory.

It was a post from Ethan. "Isa, do not do this to me. Please talk."

Her heart hammered painfully in her chest, she felt her legs weaken and she took a support of the nearby table when suddenly the burning smell filled her nostrils...before she realized and remembered the forgotten iron on the cloth, screeching sound of fire alarm started to fill the air, warning people in the hotel. Susan shivered at the loud noise and clung to her in a fear, her sobs getting louder by the minute and Isabelle gasped at the horror of what had happened. She could not stop her tears when the staff rushed out to her room. She had never been in such embarrassing state before. Damn Ethan, why he was not leaving her in peace? What was she suppose to tell Isaac? He was going to be mad at her for being careless and causing such havoc!

Her white mobile sat perfectly near her favorite vase, in the company of red roses. Its fancy cover and embellishments were mocking and taunting at her unstable, restless state of mind. She just wanted to throw that damn expensive thing out of the window but was there any way to toss away the memories stored in her deceiving heart?

**

They were living in the Mauritius at that time. The Williams family had travelled to many countries due to work and now they had finally settled in this island. Breathing in the land of emerald-sea water and white sand was a dream come true for Isabelle. The kids were very happy here. Nicole was just a year elder to her. She was Isabelle's sister but her best buddy too.