Chapter 19: My Way Out

"What the fuck have you done?!" You look between them with daggers. The ropes around your wrists are making the skin sore and the cotton in your mouth is soaked through with spit. "Sherry..." he prompted. Sherry crossed her arms over her chest and huffed.

"It's been like four months since she helped Amber out, then Frankie and Tanya. I'm the only one left and in case you haven't noticed, hunny, I'm still freaking trapped with him! I'm sick of waiting for her big plan. I don't trust her one bit, so I took matters into my own hands." Dwight's eyes widened as he looked over at you. You tried to kill him with your stare but it wasn't going to work.

You should've known it was a little too friendly of Sherry to offer you a beer. You didn't remember much else after taking your first swig until you'd woken up in the middle of a cold concrete room god knows where in the compound. Despite her seeming on board with your big plan, there was something off about Sherry, you could tell she was always reserved. She was the hardest of all the wives to get off. Negan losing Sherry could've caused a lot of suspicion, especially after he'd already lost the other three so close together. There were already whispers about why he was losing them. You had to get it right so Negan didn't lose control and so you didn't become a target.

"She's our ticket out of here. All you need to do is negotiate with him. Her for our freedom." Sherry explains. Dwight shook his head.

"Darling...no..."

"What do you mean, NO, Dwight?! Do I have to do everything around here?! God, grow a freaking backbone already." Sherry grunted, clearly frustrated, but you couldn't blame him. He had a pretty large scar on his face that proved crossing Negan wasn't such a good idea.

"How do you even know that's gonna work? That he's not just gonna get her back somehow and then punish us for doing this!"

"Oh come on, you've seen the way he is with her. He actually has feelings for her. They're some twisted team." Before Dwight could respond, his walkie talkie made static.

"Dwight, where the fuck are you? We've been waiting on you for over ten minutes now." Simon's voice spat through the speaker. "Have you seen Grimes?" He added. Dwight's guilty eyes landed on you instantly.

"Act normal." Sherry warned him before he could respond. Slowly he unhooked the device from his belt and brought it to his mouth.

"Sorry, man. I got caught up. I'll be with you in a few." His voice was a little shaky, but he seemed to pull it off.

"And Grimes?" Simon prompted.

"Grimes....no, sorry man." He stumbled out. He re-hooked it back onto his belt and turned to Sherry again.

"Don't do anything stupid whilst I'm gone. If this is going to work then she needs to be unharmed and we're gonna have to pray to fucking god that he doesn't find her before we can negotiate. We'll sort it out when I come back." Sherry nods silently and he rushes off without another word. Her attention turns to you as she glares down at you, crouching down to be more eye level with you.

"Well, sweetie, you did always promise me you'd be my way out of here." She smiles.