Chapter22: Consequences

Negan paced the floor in front of you. You were wondering when the anger would kick back in, and boy had it. You could almost see the steam leave his ears as he scrunched up his handsome features.

“So, we gonna plan the revenge party...” you try to encourage him, knowing a healthy dose of revenge is exactly what he needed to feel better.

“It's not that fuckin' simple, doll.” Negan barked. “Sherry...of all people, fuckin' Sherry.” You weren't sure if it was the sting of betrayal that upset him most, or if he genuinely liked her so he didn't know how to punish her. Either way, you didn't want to think about that or the green eyed monster would take over.

“So you don't want to hurt her...” You trail off, trying to figure out if you were right.

“It's not that I don't fuckin' want to – I have rules, remember?” He grunted. The relief washed over you immediately and you no longer had a jealous niggle in your stomach. The only reason he was finding this hard was because Sherry was a woman, not because he actually had feelings for her. At least now you could pretend he didn't, even if a tiny part of him did.

“Well, I don't...” You remind him, raising to your feet from his leather sofa slowly, “perks of us being a team now, remember?” You smirk at him. Negan stops in his tracks and looks down at you with half lidded eyes, although for once they weren't condescending, it was like he was working it all out in his mind slowly. “Oh pleeeease,” you beg, smiling up at him. A shit eating grin spreads across his unshaven mouth as he chuckles lowly.

“How could I fuckin' forget about my little personal killing machine?”

You slowly wrap your arms around his waist and look up him smugly.

“We can totally tag team it. You take Dwight I'll take Sherry. It'll be fun. Like a date night.” You're pretty sure your eyes sparkled at the thought. Negan threw his head back and laughed at your comment before bringing his hazel eyes back to meet yours. “And then we can celebrate...” you suggest seductively.

“Were you not fuckin' satisfied enough earlier?” he acted insulted, but the smirk on his face told you otherwise.

“Oh, believe me, I was plenty satisfied, but you know what blood does to me...” You bite down on your bottom lip, just the thought causing between your legs to heat up, “even just the thought of it...” you grab his hand and slowly guide it down your body, to the hem of your dress and up your thigh until his thick fingers reach your panties, “...really gets me going.” You remind him. His tongue slowly leaves his mouth to wet his bottom lip as his intense hazel stare burns your cheeks. You bring his fingers to your mouth and suck off the wetness. “So, we got a plan?”

Negan doesn't say anything at first, just continues to stare at you.

“Almost,” he speaks up, “but we can't do it without an audience. It's about time everyone learned what happens when they mess with us, both of us.”

———

Luckily, thanks to your promise to Sherry that you wouldn't tell Negan it was her that kidnapped you, her and Dwight hadn't made a run for it. You really had gained her trust. You'd found her sulking in the wives' den, a slight look of horror on her face when she saw you.

“I'm so sorry, I wanted to come back and let you go, but I didn't want to risk getting caught. I'd overheard some of the fighters talking about Negan finding you, and Dwight confirmed it.” Sherry went on, clearly trying to dig herself out of a rather deep hole. You took a deep breath and forced a fake smile to your lips.