Chapter 15

The last time on The High School Life Of An Anthropomorphic

[Slightly after school]

Kenji was sitting outside a little bit when suddenly a fireball hit the ground next to him.

{The fight scene}

Kenji looks up and then he sees a phoenix flying up in the air above the hostel.

Kenji : Hey you phoenix, speak up, what do you want with me
and the girls?

Phoenix : I am here to fight you of course and test you to analyse your battle data.

Kenji : Okay then,but we leave the girls out of this,I've already ordered them to stay inside.

Phoenix : Alright,I will not touch the hostel building while your friends are inside.

Kenji : Well then come down so we can have a fair fight,no problem with that?

Phoenix : Very well I shall come down from the sky and fight you on the ground.

The phoenix came down from the air as Kenji had requested and started getting battle ready,the phoenix threw a fireball which Kenji dodged while transforming into his animal form,Kenji then sprinted at him and they started trading blows,the phoenix formed a fireball which Kenji snuffed out.

Kenji : Nice try phoenix, but I got to that one before you even thought about it.

Phoenix : Tch, you haven't seen anything yet kid so get ready punk.

Kenji slashed the Phoenix in the face and the phoenix retaliated with a blow fireball against Kenji's side,they traded some more slashes and fireballs and Kenji even headbutted the phoenix backwards sending him sprawling into a small tree,the phoenix sat there against the tree stunned from the sudden blow.

Kenji : you see now?

Phoenix : Oh shut up.

The phoenix then charged forwards in a stream of flames

Kenji made himself grow bigger then with an ominous aura.

To Be Continued

(Now)

As the phoenix charges at Kenji he grows bigger and bigger until he's the size of a lion,now he looked much more intimidating than any Cheetah, the phoenix got just close enough to Kenji to get sent flying with the swipe of a really big paw, it charged again but took a swipe from the other paw, it struggled to get up from the amount of damage done.

Kenji then taunts the phoenix to force it to make a mistake "Now come on, I thought phoenixes were powerful,
you little bird. You thought your fiery abilities would get the best of me? Well it seems you were proven wrong, too bad for you your flames aren't nearly as strong as even lava, much less as hot as the surface of a very small sun, so no winning for you!"

Phoenix then said irritably "Oh, you think you are funny just because you got me down you stupid kid?! You won't be laughing after I power up to my strongest level of power!"

The phoenix then stands up again with it's face bloodsoaked and breathing heavy, it surrounds itself with fire and rushes Kenji again but stops a metre away from him and starts to throw big fire balls at him, Kenji dodges most but a particularly big one catches Kenji and engulfs him in a fiery blaze the size of a gigantic tennis ball

This causes Kenji to scream "Haaaa! So this is how the real flame of a phoenix feels isn't it?!" The Phoenix cackles out a mocking laugh and yells at Kenji "Yes that is how painfully a phoenix flame burns you land dweller! Feel the burning and the stinging from my hottest flames, they may not be as hot as lava but they are still very hot, take that!"

Kenji then fights through the burning and stinging pain and stands up with an aura in his form flaring up around him, he charges at the phoenix and takes all fireballs it throws at him as he runs right through them, the phoenix's eyes widen as Kenji continuesly slashes at it with his claws causing some big damage to the fiery bird man, enough to almost kill.

Kenji then yells at the phoenix "You thought you had me, didn't you you stupid phoenix? Now say goodbye!"

The Phoenix says to Kenji while resigning itself to it's fate "I see now, you have a brutal fighting style" and then it yells with another cackling laugh "Others will come for revenge!"

Kenji then throws with the last of his energy for his transformation for the day an energy slash at the phoenix with enough power to get the job done over this strong and resilient opponent, it is then engulfed in fire as it is burned out by it's own flames, after which Kenji reverts back to his human form with burn wounds all over him, the girls then rush out to him, first to get to him is Tora.

Tora then asks Kenji "Kenji-San are you alright?" and then she exclaims in shock and horror "Oh no, just look at these burns that that phoenix gave you! You have to be more careful Kenji-San!"

Kireitsune agrees with her saying "You are right Tora" and then turns to Kenji and says to Kenji "Oh Kenji-Dono, he really did a number on you." to which Jackie scolds Kenji, yelling at him in irritation and worry "Dammit Kenji-Kun, you could have had us help, now look at all of these burns! They are all over your body where I can see, your clothes too!"

Kenji tries to assure them it is fine by saying "No it really is okay, these burns are not as severe as they seem to be, I am fine, honestly, these are basically just light burns to me."
Hyōna disagrees with him by saying to him "Still it is not alright, a burn is still a burn, no matter the degree."

Chitayna then agrees with Hyöna by saying to Kenji "Yeah Kenji-Senpai those burns could have been much more serious, you could have burned to death if they were any hotter at all." Even Yukino tells Kenji "Even I have to say you can not be so nonchalant about any kind of burn, burns of all degrees can do some damage, you can just be glad these are not so severe".

Kenji says "Oh come on guys, I said it's alright and I know you worry but I'm really okay, I honestly am so no need to fret over me and worry, I really am fine, these only sting a little bit."

Shishana with her queen lioness like personality asks Kenji two serious questions in quick succession "Well, what do you expect us to do? We care about you, do you not understand?"

Kenji then says "Seriously not you too Shishana what happened to your lioness queen of the Savannah status? You act so high and royal all the time but when I'm calm about burns you ask that?"

Tsukiko proceeds to defend Shishana from what Kenji just said by saying to him "Kenji-Kun you know that's just part of her personality, do not go and try to change the subject."

Kenji then agrees that that was insensitive of him to say and apologizes by saying "Yeah, okay, sorry, that comment was a rude one" and he follows that up by saying to them "But really I am alright." with which Gina disagrees by saying "But you don't look alright Kenji-Kun, no matter the size these burns look really terrible, they really and truly do".

Kenji : Yeah I know what you mean, they do kind of sting, but I am seriously not relenting in my opinion".

Even Akane says "My usual color comments aside, look how red your skin is, but we will let it go since it seems you do not want this argument to go on any longer than it has".

Kenji then confirms what Akané says "Just drop it okay, at least you understand Akane, now let us all seriously go inside, I am a little bit tired from that fight, it took so much energry out of me".

Having said that Kenji then drops to the ground like a big sack of potatoes and passes out no doubt from the damage the burns have done to his body. The girls all gasp in shock, they then become calm, pick Kenji up and carry Kenji into the hostel, they lay him down, treat and bandage his burns. After doing that they move him from the couch to his room.

(Some hours later)

Kenji then wakes up to find himself in his bed bandaged up and no longer in a lot of pain, the last thing he remembers is defeating that phoenix in the hostel's courtyard and passing out after most of the girls berating him for not taking his burn wounds seriously, he then went and apologized.

(At sleep time)

Kenji and the girls went to bed and quickly fell asleep from severe tiredness, Kenji especially since the fight with the phoenix exhausted him extremely.