Chapter 36

Kenji and the girls were still in the group hug, they all squeezed each other pretty hard but not too hard in the cases of Tora and Shishana who were both quite stronger than the others in the group so they didn't use all their strength in the hug at the risk of crushing their comrades in arms, they were all happy to be there with each other as they let go of the hug.

"Once again thank you all for believing in me, I know you didn't say it but I knew you all believed in me"

Tsukiko said grateful for her friends and their shared boyfriend for being there during her transformation.

"It was really no problem my love,you are very near and dear to us all,me, your friends and all our families."

Kenji said highlighting the importance Tsukiko has in the lives of all the people present and not present.

"Exactly as Kenji said Tsukiko-San you're important to us, my family, your family,Kenji's family and the rest."

Tora said echoing Kenji's sentiment of all who Tsukiko is important and dear to.

"Even on cold nights like these our friendship burns hotly,that and your relationship with Kenji"

Yukino said because the night was truly cold and that's why they were all dressed as warmly as possible.

"Yes the fire of our friendship burns like red hot fire like the fiery battles it was forged in the whole of last year."

Akané said refering to all the battles they shared against tough opponents the year before this one.

As the eleven friends continued to smile at one another, Tsukiko legs buckled beneath her, but before she could collapse to the ground, Tora and Shishana kept her up right.

"I'm sorry, but I believe my daughter may need to rest now," Mrs. Hinamoto spoke.

"Here Tsukiko, I'll give you a lift to the house." Kenji said as he knelt before Tsukiko with his back towards her.

Tora and Shishana helped Tsukiko onto Kenji's back. He gave her a piggyback all the way to their group room.

Kenji held a sleeping Tsukiko on his back while the other nine girlfriends gathered all eleven mattresses in the center of the room like how they arranged them back at their hostel.

•••

Some time later Kenji and the rest of his girlfriends sat around a table enjoying their meal with his, and Tsukiko's parents while Tsukiko rested in their room alone. Kenji worked up the courage to ask Saten how did she learn witch magic and how she was able to cast the werewolf curse.

"Some time ago before Tsukiko was born," Saten began, "me and Katen finally slayed this pack of werewolves that's been killing locals in a village in the north. Those werewolves put up a good fight, but they had no chance," Saten said as she smiled at her husband.

"That pack," Saten continued, "was actually protecting a witch, that was no match for me and my husband. After we defeated her I took her grimoire."

"Grimoire?" Kireitsune asked.

"It's a book a witch fills up with spells they created or stole." Kireitsune nodded her head knowingly now.

"So I scanned the book from cover to cover to find a cure for the werewolf curse; I found none." Saten shook her head, "However, I found that the curse wasn't meant to be one; well not at first."

"What do you mean it wasn't meant to be a curse?" A shocked Chitayna shrieked.

"It was meant to be a gift, a blessing. Let me tell you all, the legend of the first werewolf." Saten waved her hands around to scry up a transparent image of a time in the past. All thirteen members at the table watched the scene unfold in front of them in amazement.