Chapter 20

The sounds of wild animals brings Kenji out of his slumber, he tries to sit up but feels three different levels of weight on him as he rubs the sleep from his eyes, he looks right and sees Kireitsune on his right shoulder ,Tora on his left and Shishana on top of him and gradually blushes heavier, not knowing what in the world is going on at the present moment in time.

Kenji then says in an unusually meek tone of voice foe him "Uhm Kireitsune, Tora and Shishana can you please get off me? We need to get up" all the while still blushing.

Kireitsune kisses Kenji on his right cheek and sits up smiling and says "Good morning Kenji-Dono, I hope that you slept well the whole night, I sure did because I slept like a baby".

Tora Rubs her cheek against Kenji's cheek and sits up too and then says "Good morning Kenji-San". I wonder the same thing Kireitsune-San does, did you sleep well at all?"

Shishana Puts her hand up Kenji's shirst, rubs his pectoral muscles and sits up and says "Good morning Kenji-Kun, allow me to ask you the same thing, did you sleep well?"

Kenji then exclaims while feeling his face heat up considerably "Wha? wha? What are you doing caressing me this early in the morning?!" as he blushes even worse than before.

Yukino then teases Kenji "Quite the blusher you are Kenji-Kun, your face must be feeling pretty hot, now that is a pretty cool sight to behold" in her usual monotone voice.

Jackie then asks incredulously "Could you just quit flustering Kenji all the time?" in an exasperated voice.

Tsukiko sarcastically says "And here we go again, just like that the day starts off with a bang, like gunfire".

Gina then says "Yip of course it starts off this way, not that I am shocked or anything, that is just how it is"

Akane says "Colour me unsurprised, seriously, Kenji is blushing red like a tomato again and there's a squabble".

Chitayna then exclaims exasperated "Hey no fair? you three got to snuggle up to Kenji after he fell asleep!"

Hyōna then adds fuel to the figurative fire by saying "Not to mention the skinship you had with him just a few moments ago,that was so incredibly hot to see" in her over the top way.

Kenji then exclaims "Don't word it like that you two, your making it sound more intimate than it actually is!"

Kenji gently pulls the three girls off of him and stands up yawning still with a small blush on his face, stretching and the girls all stare as the muscles on his arms straighten out as he stretches awkwardly aware that the eyes of the girls are on him, as he turns around to them they all snap out of their little stupor that they were in just a few moments before.

Kenji says "Anyways let's just forget that for now and get up since in a few minutes we'll be in open air, seriously, erase it from your minds completely, it could be very dangerous out here".

(Five minutes later)

All of them group together and make a circle to do their chant with their hands stacked on top of each other's.

Kenji then says "Okay I want you all to repeat after me" and then he starts the chant "Though the task may seem difficult to understand".

The girls chant after "Though the task
may seem difficult to understand".

Kenji says "We will not cave in"

The girls echoed "We will not cave in".

Kenji then says "Because we are stronger than we come across despite
our youthful appearance".

The girls say after "Because we are stronger than we come across despite
our youthful appearance".

Kenji then says "Therefore we will not back down from any challenge presented to us".

The girls echoed "Therefore we will not back down from any challenge presented to us".

Kenji says further "We will survive the onslaught of our enemies and this harsh environment".

The girls say afterwards "We will survive the onslaught of our enemies and this harsh environment".

Kenji then exclaims "Our strength lies in each other and together we will succeed!"

The girls echo the exclamation "Our strength lies in each other and together we will succeed!"

As they complete their chant they all throw their hands up into the air and give out their warcry for all of the Japanese Savannah to hear and they split up to gather all the recourses that they would need for the first day of the survival test, they thoroughly scout the thick grass and trees and transform so that they could be ready for anything that may happen.

Kenji in his transformed voice says to the girls "Okay girls first we have to look for some food".

The girls all make sounds of approval and they dart in groups of two in different directions to try and catch some prey and Kenji goes in a direction different from those of the girls in order to be more sufficient in his search for something to eat, he tunes in all five of his senses to be able to hunt much more efficiently than he would otherwise be able to.

Kireitsune and Jackie jog slowly, keeping an eye out for enemies and also prey.

Chitayna and Hyōna prowl silently as they stalk forward looking for some food.

Tora and Shishana look intimidating as they run together looking for suitable prey.

Gina and Tsukiko walk in a comfortable silence scanning the area for animals of prey.

Yukino and Akane make for an odd sight as they move side by side looking for a meal.

Kenji focuses all of his attention on spotting any animals that look even remotely edible.

Suddenly he sees a wild boar so he alarmedly checks to see if it is an anthropomorphic boar or just a regular one, he tenses after affirmation that it was normal so he could eat it but it spots him and squeales threateningly to try and discourage him from trying to catch and eat it, he grimaces as he feels sorry for his prey.

Kenji says "Sorry wild boar but this is a survival test and I'll need to kill, catch and eat you to survive so I do apologize for the fact that I'll have to kill you, but you'll make good food".

Tora and Shishana happen upon a herd of Asian Elephants and roar making them scatter.

Chitayna and Hyōna find a small group of two large male baboons and creep a bit closer.

Kireitsune and Jackie spot a herd of antelopes and go to stand on it's left and right

Gina and Tsukiko find a herd of Water Deer drinking from a stream and then they rush them.

Akane and Yukino see a buffalo drinking water from a waterhole and surround it from the left and right.

Kenji stares down the wild boar while methodically stalking forward knowing that if it starts running that he'll be able to catch it and it starts backing away slowly trying to escape from him, the wild boar then starts to run away and Kenji chases and then tackles it hard to the ground...

To be continued...