old friends

A little boy and his Ill mother are walking through the forest to find the Encanto. "Where are we going, mami?" The boy asked. "We're going to see some old friends, mi vida," the woman said. They walk for about 4 hours until finally they see the cracked mountain. "Ok, we're here," the woman said. "What is this place?" The boy asked. "This is called an Encanto," the woman replied. The boy looked around, holding his mother's hand. People around were questioning each other's avout who these two people were. The mother looked down at her son, who saw he was getting nervous. "It's ok there nice people you'll like it here," the mother said. The boy cheered up a little.

The mother and son both head up to a colorful house on top of the hill. The mother then knocks on the door. The door opens, and they are both greeted by an elderly woman. "Cali, so nice to see you after all these years," the old lady said. "And who might this be?" The old lady asked. "This is my son Julio." Cali replied. "It's such a pleasure to meet you," the old lady said. "We need to talk, Alma," Cali said. "I see come in," Alma replied. "Julio, why don't you go explore the casita?" Alma said. Julio then smiled and walked away.

Cali(pov)
"I'm sick. I don't have that much time to live," Cali said. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Alma said. "I need a huge favor," Cali said. "Anything," Alma said. "I need you guys to raise Julio," Cali said. "We can do that. we have a spare bedroom he could use," Alma said. Cali smiled. "Thank you," Cali said. "Does Julio know?" Alma asked. "Yes, he's very sad about it," Cali replied. "I could imagine he is in good hands." Alma said

Julio(pov)
Julio is walking around the Casita when he stumbles into a woman with a cloud above her head. "Oh, I'm sorry, dear," the woman said. "Wait, who are you?" The woman asked. Julio just ran because he was shy. The woman was confused. The woman walks down into the kitchen. "Mama, there is a little boy running around he -" the woman stopped mid sentence. "I know Pepa, he's her son. "Oh OK sorry I didn't know if you knew," Pepa said as she walked out. Pepa then went to find her sister Julieta.

"Julieta, where are you?" Pepa said as she walked into Julieta's room. "I'm doing my hair," Julieta said. "What did you need?" Julieta asked. "We have a guest running around," Pepa said. "Guest? Who?" Julieta asked. "I don't know, it's a little boy and his mother, the little boy ran from me," Pepa explained. Julieta finished doing her hair and got up. "Let's go introduce ourselves," Julieta said. "Good luck he ran from me, " Pepa said. "Did you scare him?" Julieta asked. "No, he stumbled into me, and I apologized and asked who he was, and he ran," Pepa explained. "Oh, maybe he's just shy," Julieta replied.

"Is there anything we need to know about Julio?" Alma asked. "He is a very sweet boy, but he tends to be shy around people, but not always. And he'll eat about anything he's pretty healthy, " Cali explained. "Ok, that's good then because Julieta makes the best food," Alma explained. As Julio was walking around, he stumbled into another person. This person had muscles. "Hello there, what's your name?" Luisa asked. Julio didn't say anything. Julio hid behind Luisa as Julieta and pepa were walking towards luisa. "Luisa, have you seen a little boy anywhere?" Julieta asked. "Yeah, he's right, he-"Luisa replied, but as she looked over, Julio was gone. "Well, he was right here," Luisa said.

Julio ran to find his mom, but a girl with a red bow stopped him. "Who are you?" Dolores asked softly. "Julio!" Julio said. Dolores covered her ears. "That hurt," Dolores said. Julio ran because he thought Dolores was mad. Dolores followed him. Julio finally found his mother. "Julio, are you alright, mi vida?" Cali asked. "Yes, I just want to be with you," Julio replied. "Mi vida, you're gonna be staying here with the madrigals,i ain't gonna be around for much longer," Cali explained, Julio looked sad. "Will you stay with me until then?" Julio asked. "Of course, my dear," Cali replied.

Luisa walks in where Julio,Cali, and Alma are talking. "Abulea, there is a little boy running around somewhere," Luisa said. "Thank you, Luisa, for telling me, but I know," Alma replied. "Oh OK" Luisa said. "Are you guys hungry? It's almost dinnertime, " Alma said. "Yes, I could eat," Cali said. "I can too," Julio also said.

Julio walks into the kitchen where Julieta is cooking dinner. Julieta turns around to put a plate of arepas on the counter. Julio quietly takes one. "You can take more if you want," Julieta said with her back turned. Julio froze into position. "It's ok. I'm not mean," Julieta said as she turned around to face Julio. "Everyone here isn't mean you'll love it here," Julieta said. Julio didn't say anything he just smiled. "Mind if I ask what your name is?" Julieta asked kindly. "Julio," Julio said. Julieta walked over to Julio and got down on one knee. "Very nice to meet you Julio my name is Julieta." Julieta said. "Julio?" Cali questioned as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hello, I'm cali," Cali said to Julieta. Julieta smiled. "I'm Julieta," Julieta said. "We were introducing ourselves," Julieta explained. "That's fine he has to know everyone, you know?" Cali said with a smile. "Come on, Julio, let's go set the table," Cali said to her son. As Cali and Julio left, Julieta started to question herself. "What did she mean about he has to know everyone? Is he staying with us?" Julieta said to herself.

Dolores walked into the kitchen. "Do you need any help, tia?" Dolores asked. "Yes, do you know if Julio is staying with us?" Julieta asked. "Abulea didn't tell you yet?" Dolores questioned. "No," Julieta replied. "Oh... yeah, his mother is dying, and she needs us to take care of him." Dolores explained. "Oh dear," Julieta said. "Well, we got to make sure to comfort him as much as possible when she passes on," Julieta said. "Absolutely," Dolores replied

End of chapter