the question

It's been months now, and Julio is getting used to being around the madrigals. It's afternoon, and Julio is helping Julieta pack up for the day. "Thank you for helping me, Julio. I appreciate it," Julieta said with a smile. "You're welcome," Julio replied. Julio then headed back to Casita to relax for the rest of the day. He lays down in his bed, and Antonio comes into the room. "Julio, are you busy?" Antonio asked. "No," Julio replied. "Ok, my mami wants to ask you a question. "Ok, I'm coming," Julio replied. Antonio smiled and walked away.

Antonio walks into Pepas' room."He's coming, mami." Antonio said. "Gracias, amor," Pepa replied. Pepa is pacing back and forth, waiting for Julio. "Did you need something?" Julio asked politely. "Yes, I had a question for you, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to." Pepa explained. "Ok, what's the question?" Julio asked. "When is your birthday?" Pepa asked in curiosity. "October 17th," Julio replied. Pepas eyes opened wide. "Are you ok?" Julio asked. "Si, I'm fine... That's all I needed, thank you." Pepa said. Julio left her room and went to his room. When the door closed. Pepa went to find Julieta.

Julieta was seen in the kitchen. Pepa walks in with a shocking look on her. "Is everything alright, pepa?" Julieta asked. "Do you know when julios' birthday is?" Pepa asked. "No, he never told me... did he tell you?" Julieta asked. "Yeah," Pepa replied. Julieta stopped what she was doing and sat down. Pepa sat down across from Julieta. "When is it? I just want to know so we don't forget to celebrate." Julieta asked. "I don't think we'll forget." Pepa said. "Why is that?" Julieta asked. "His birthday is october 17th," Pepa said quietly. Julieta let out a small gasp. "His birthday is on our birthday?" Julieta asked. "Si..." Pepa said. Julieta smiled with joy. "Do you think he'll get a gift?" Pepa asked. "Probably not." Julieta replied.

Dolores heard what the adults were saying and told all the other kids. "Julio shares his birthday with our moms?" Mirabel said. "And our tio," Camilo said. "Yeah, but we don't talk about him, remember?" Antonio replied. Julieta and pepa tell Alma, and she is just as shocked as them. "Why am I just finding out about this now?" Alma asked. "Because I was worried we missed it and didn't want to feel bad for Julio." Pepa explained. "Ok, that's a reasonable explanation." Alma replied. "What is today?" Alma asked. "October 10th," Julieta said. "Ok, so does Julio know that you told us Pepa?" Alma asked. "Not that I know of." Pepa said. "He doesn't abulea," Dolores said.

"I have a feeling you heard everything." Alma said. Dolores just smiled and nodded her head slightly. "Does anyone know what he would want for his birthday?" Alma asked. "No, because we don't know what he likes." Luisa said. "Well, we have 7 days to find out what he likes." Isabela explained. "Ok, I have an idea." Pepa said. "What is it , mami?" Antonio replied. "We all spend time with him, and each one of us figures out what he likes. "That's a great idea." Julieta replied. "Which family will spend time with him first?" Alma asked. "We will go first," Julieta replied

End of chapter