stranger

It's 10:30 pm and everybody is asleep. Except for Julio and Julieta. Julieta is trying to help Julio go to sleep. "Julieta, I'm not tired. I don't know why," Julio said. "Do you have sleeping problems?" Julieta asked politely, "maybe I don't know." Julio replied. "What helps you sleep?" Julieta questioned. "I don't know, I haven't really had help going to sleep before." Julio replied. "Let's go to the kitchen. I might have something," Julieta said. So both Julio and Julieta walk to the kitchen.

Julieta grabs a cup,honey,and tea bags. She begins to boil water and then pours it into the cup while putting the tea bag inside along with the honey. After about 5 minutes. Julieta gives Julio the honey tea. "What's this?" Julio questioned. "It's tea with honey," Julieta replied. "I've never had tea before. Julieta was shocked to hear that. "Try it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it," Julieta said. Julio took a sip of the tea and started feeling drowsy. After about 5 minutes. Julio looked at Julieta with a smile before falling asleep. Julieta carried Julio up to his room and then went to bed.

(The next morning)
Julio wakes up and hears a noise but can't find what it is. So he gets out of bed and investigates the strange noise. nobody is awake except for Dolores. Julio keeps heading towards the noise when all of a sudden, he finds a rat. He tried to pick the rat up to investigate it, but it ran off. So Julio chased the rat. The Rat climbed behind a painting. "That's odd," Julio said to himself. So Julio pulled the painting towards himself. Behind the painting was a long dark hallway. He walked down the hallway and was curious about what was in the walls.

Julieta(pov)
Julieta woke up and got ready for the day she put her clothes on,did her hair, etc. Julieta went and checked on her kids to see if they were awake or not. She opens isabellas door and sees her doing her hair. She opens Luisa's door and sees her sleeping. Finally, she opens mirabels' door and sees her making her bed. As she walks down the hall, she passes julios' door. She stops and is about to knock but decides not to since Julio was up very late last night. She then goes into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for everyone.

Julio(pov)
Julio continues to walk down the dark passage way. He goes on for about 10 minutes when he hears someone talking. "You guys hungry? I am, too..." the strange voice said. Julio gets further down the hall when he sees a door with light behind it. He knocks on the door, and the talking suddenly stops. "Hello?" Julio said. The door opens, and a tall figure approaches. "Who are you?" The strange man asked. "Im... Julio...who are you?" Julio asked. "I'm nobody," the strange man said. "So you don't have a name?" Julio asked. "I do, but nobody talks about me," the strange man said. "Why not?" Julio questioned. "Long story," the strange man said

Julieta(pov) 2 hours later
"Where is Julio Julieta?" Alma asked. "He's in bed at the moment," Julieta replied. "Is he alright?" Alma asked again. "Yes, he was up very late last night, and he went to bed very late. That's all, " Julieta replied. "Oh OK I'm gonna go see if he's asleep or not," Alma said as she left the room. Alma walks towards julios' room and finds that he's not in his room. So she walks back downstairs into the kitchen to explain to Julieta. "Julieta, he's not in his room at all. Any idea where he might be?" Alma asked. Julieta was confused since Julio hasn't come to her at all today, nor has anyone seen him since yesterday, Julieta stops what she's doing and goes to investigate.

Julieta walks upstairs into julios' room and finds that Alma is telling the truth. Julieta begins to panic a little. "Where does he keep going?" Julieta asked herself.

Julio(pov)
"If you don't tell me what your name is, I'm gonna tell Julieta who is in here," Julio said. "Alright alright kid you win. My name is Bruno. I live in the walls because none of my family members like my gift, so I ran away because I felt like no one wanted me because of my gift. " Bruno explained. "Julio?!" Pepa called out. Julio was nervous they would find him in the walls with Bruno. "You might want to go tell them you're fine," Bruno said. "How do I get out without them seeing me?" Julio asked. "The same way you got in and also don't tell them I'm in the walls," Bruno said.

Julio then proceeds the way he came. He walks back behind the painting when he here's someone talking on the other side. "Why doesn't he like us?" Julieta said. "What makes you say he doesn't like us?" Pepa asked. "He keeps running away." Julieta replied. "Do you think it's because I yelled at him the other night?" Pepa asked. "...idk, but we have to let him know that we care about him. Because we do care him." Julieta explained. "Hopefully, he didn't run away," Pepa said. "He didn't," Dolores said.

Julieta had a confused look on her face. "What do you mean, dolores?" Julieta asked. "He didn't run away he's still exploring the encanto. "Do you know where he exactly?" Pepa asked. "No, but if I had to guess, he would be in the village. "Ok, thank you, Dolores. we'll go find him," Julieta said. "You're welcome, tia," Dolores replied.

As Pepa and Julieta walk into the village, Dolores knocks on the painting that Julio is behind. "Julio, I know you're in there, but it's alright. Nobody is around. You can come out." Dolores whispered. Julio pushed the painting open slowly and saw Dolores standing right outside. "How did you know where I was?" Julio questioned. "I have really good hearing," Dolores replied with a smile. "Is that your gift?" Julio questioned. Dolores smiled and nodded her head. "Let's get you into the village so my mom and tia don't get worried." Dolores explained. "Will you stay with me? I don't know any of the people in the village." Julio asked. "Of course," Dolores replied.

End of chapter