day 3

Julieta is in the kitchen making an arepa for Julio. "Does it hurt Julio?" Julieta asked. "A little bit," Julio replied. "That's alright, just eat this." Julieta said as she handed him and arepa. Julio then ate the arepa that was given to him, and the wound was healed. "I really like your gift." Julio said. Julieta smiled. "Thank you, that made my day." Julieta said. Julio then gave Julieta a hug. Julieta was so happy. Julio then left the room. "That made my day even better." Julieta whispered to herself. Agustin sees Julio cone out of the kitchen and sees Julieta speechless. "Are you ok mi amor?" Agustin asked. "... yeah, " Julieta replied. "What happened?" Agustin asked. "He hugged me." Julieta said in excitment. "That's great. He must be warming up." Agustin said.

Pepa walked in the kitchen and saw both Julieta and agustin. "Pepa, guess what happened to me." Julieta said. "What happened?" Pepa asked. "Julio hugged me!" Julieta said happily. "He hugged you too?" Pepa asked. "Too?" Julieta asked in confusion. "Yeah, Julio hugged me too." Pepa said. "When did he hug you?" Julieta asked. "Yesterday morning." Pepa replied. "Oh, that's nice. I'm happy for you." Julieta said. "I think he likes us." Pepa said. "Well, he's starting too." Julieta said.

It's now nighttime, and the madrigals are eating dinner together, and Julio is still in the village. "Why is Julio absent from the table?" Alma asked. "He is in the village helping the community." Camilo said. "This late?" Alma asked in confusion. "Yes," Camilo replied. Alma was annoyed because they only the community in the daytime. Julio comes in the dining area and sits next to Julieta at the table. "Julio, may I ask a question from you, please?" Alma asked. "Sure, what is it?" Julio asked. "Why were you helping the community at night?" Alma asked. "One of the villagers needed help moving stuff, and I offered." Julio replied. "We don't help at night. Because night is when we relax from helping during the day." Alma explained. "Yes... but I was trying to he -" Julio got cut off. "I don't want to hear excuses," Alma said. Julio was irritated.

"Why can't we help during nighttime? The community always needs help." Julio said in frustration. "Because if we help at night, then we would never get any rest." Alma also said in frustration. "Excuses." Julio whispered. "Excuse me?" Alma said, now angry. "You have something to tell me?" Alma asked. "I said EXCUSES!" Julio shouted. Alma stood up, grabbed his arm, and pulled him into the next room. "Mama, what are you doing?!" Pepa shouted. "Teaching him manners." Alma said in frustration. All the adults got up from the table and followed Alma. Julio tried to restrain from Almas grip but was too weak.

Alma went upstairs with Julio and locked him in his room. "YOU THINK THIS WILL STOP ME?!" Julio shouted. "Lower your VOICE!" Alma replied. "Mama, what are you doing he was just trying to be helpful to our community," Julieta said. "I don't care he can come out of that room when he calms down," Alma said.

Julio climbs out the window and lands in a wagon. The wagon broke, making a loud noise. Dolores heard the noise and told Pepa. "Mama Julio escaped from his room." Dolores said. Alma heard and quickly went outside to see Julio running into the village. Isabela and mirabel both chase after Julio cause he is trying to leave the Encanto. "Julio, please listen." Mirabel said. "No, you ain't stopping me," Julio said with sadness. Isabela grew some vines to try and catch julios' legs. But Julio dodged the vines.

Julio gets closer to the entrance to the cracked mountain, and he hears Julieta. "Julio!" Julieta shouted. Julio turned around and saw her. "Julio, I know you're upset, but we can't let you leave. You won't survive out there. you're too young." Julieta explained. "Explain that to her. I was trying to help the community because I'm starting to like this place, but now I have changed my mind." Julio explained back. "Julio, you have to understand that my mom has rules that we all have to follow." Julieta said. "I don't care." Julio said sadly. Julio then turned around and ran towards the cracked mountain but was stopped.

Julio tried to leave but couldn't. He kept getting stopped, but he couldn't tell how. "What?" Julio said in confusion. Julio kept trying to leave but kept getting stopped. "Why...can't...I...leave?!" Julio shouted. Julieta sees Julio struggling and walks up to him in confusion. "What's happening?" Julieta asked. "I don't know!" Julio replied. Julio eventually gave up and passed out from trying. So Julieta picked him up and took him back to Casita.

End of chapter