the argument

The madrigals were eating breakfast outside while Pepa was absent from the table. "Where's tia Pepa?" Isabella asked. A few minutes later, Pepa walked outside with Julio holding her hand. The madrigals all looked at Julio with a smile. "Are you hungry, Julio?" Julieta asked. Julio looked up at Julieta. "Yes ma'am," Julio replied. Julieta smiled. "Tell me what you want, and I'll put it on the plate for you," Julieta said kindly. "What kind of food is there?" Julio asked. "There's arepas,bunuelos,fruit...that's about all." Julieta replied kindly. "Can I have all?" Julio asked politely. Julieta smiled and put a little bit of everything on his plate. Julieta handed Julio his plate, and he sat at the table next to pepa. Julio looked nervous. "You don't have to be nervous. We're not mean," Alma said. Julio just smiled and started to eat. "You look cute when you smile," Julieta said kindly. Julio started to blush. The madrigals continued to eat breakfast together. After they were finished, Pepa got up to clean up. Julio also got up to help. "That's alright, dear. You don't have to help." Pepa said kindly. Julio just smiled and continued to help. Pepa grabbed the plates and went inside while Julio was right behind her.

Pepa looked back and saw Julio carrying the rest of the dishes. Julio smiled at her, and pepa smiled back. Julieta walked into the kitchen to get the dishes ready. Pepa and Julio both walked in the kitchen with the dirty dishes. Julieta smiled at both of them. "Do you need help with the dishes?" Pepa asked. "No, I can handle it. But thank you, " Julieta replied. "Ok then... Julio, come with me. I'll show you around the village." Pepa said. So Julio holds Pepas' hands, and they both walk out of the kitchen. Julieta sighs and starts to wash the dishes when all of a sudden she feels something yanking her apron. Julieta looks behind her and sees Julio with a towel. "Can I help, please?" Julio asked politely. Julieta smiled. "Of course, dear," Julieta said. So Julio got a stool and started to dry the dishes.

After 10 minutes, the dishes were done. "Thank you, Julio, but you didn't need to help me," Julieta said kindly. Julio didn't say anything. "You have nothing to worry about. we're all here for you, " Julieta said. Julio just smiled and left. Agustin saw Julio leave the room. "He'll warm up to us. Just give him time." Agustin said to his wife. "I know it's just sad to see him like this since his mother is gone."

Later that day, Julieta is preparing dinner. Pepa walks in the kitchen concerned. "Where's Julio have you seen him?" Pepa asked. "No...why is he missing?" Julieta asked. "Yes I haven't seen him in 3 hours. Dolores walks in. "He's with me right now." Dolores said quietly. "Why didn't you say anything?" Pepa asked. "Thought he told you." Dolores said.

It's now evening, and Julieta got finished preparing dinner. "Dinner is ready," Julieta yelled. So the madrigals all sat around the table except Julio. "Where is Julio?" Luisa asked. "Everyone started to question julios' absence. "Dolores, can you heat him?" Alma asked. "Yes, he's in the nursery," Dolores said. "What's he doing?" Mirabel asked. "I don't know he's talking to someone." Dolores said. The madrigals all looked at each other, confused. "Who is the other person?" Pepa asked. "I don't know. I don't hear anyone else." Dolores said. The madrigals all got up from their seats and went up stairs. They tried to open the door, but it was locked.

Pepa knocked on the door. "Julio, are you ok in there?" Pepa asked. "Yes, I'm fine...why?" Julio replies. "Dolores said you were talking to someone." Julieta said. "Oh... I'm just talking to myself," Julio replied. "With the door locked?" Isabella asked in confusion. "I didn't realize it was locked." Julio replied. Julio came and unlocked the door. "Come on downstairs, dinner is ready," Julieta said. "I'm not hungry," Julio replied. "But you haven't eaten since this morning," Pepa said. "Come downstairs and get a plate. We don't want you going hungry, " Alma said. "I'm not hungry!" Julio said. "Not now, but you will be later when there's no food. Please come downstairs. I'm only gonna ask once, " Pepa said. "No," Julio replied in frustration. A storm cloud appeared above Pepas head. "Don't you ever say no,to me" Pepa replied with frustration. Julio wasn't scared of Pepa they both stared at each other, frustrated. "This is a final warning. Come downstairs and eat with the family. " Pepa said. "No!" Julio said as he shut and locked the door.

Pepa tried to open the door but couldn't. The weather outside was storming because Pepa was angry. "You're gonna eat eventually, little boy!" Pepa yelled. "Wanna bet?!" Julio yelled back. Alma came up to the door. "There will be no disrespect in this family. You are part of the family now, whether you like it or not!" Alma said. "I'd rather be with my mom!" Julio yelled. "Julio, I'm sorry, but that's not possible," Julieta said softly. "I KNOW SHE LEFT ME WITH PEOPLE, IVE NEVER MET!" Julio screamed in anger. There was a small silence.

After a couple of minutes the madrigals went separate ways with Pepa still angry while Felix is trying to calm her down and Alma also angry because of the disrespect. All the grandkids went to there rooms while mirabel went into Luisa's room because Julio is in the nursery. There was food on the table and Julieta wasn't gonna waste it so she cleaned up the table by putting the food away for later. Agustin walks in seeing his wife cleaning up and helps her. "There's nothing to worry about he's going through pain right now about his mother" Julieta said to her husband. "I know just give him time" agustin said.

Meanwhile in Pepas room
"I will not have him disrespect me!" Pepa said angrily. "It's ok mi amor he's just hu-" Felix got cut off. "Humilating me?!" Pepa said. "No he's hurt. He lost his mother" Felix said. Pepa calmed down after hearing that and the stormy weather disappeared. "You're right I shouldn't have yelled at him." Pepa said while crying. Felix fave his wife a hug. "Dolores come here please I know you can hear me" Pepa said. Few minutes later Dolores walked in the room. "Yes mami?" Dolores said quietly. "Can you hear julio?" Pepa asked. Dolores tilted her head to listen. "Yes, he is crying." Dolores replied. Pepas heart sank. "What have I done?" Pepa said to herself.

Meanwhile, in the nursery.
Julio is crying because he feels hated. "Why did you have to leave me?" Julio said as he held his mother's necklace. "I... miss... you, " Julio said to himself. All of a sudden Julio hears a knock on the door. "Julio?" Julieta said in a soft voice. "Yes?" Julio replied sadly. "May I come in?" Julieta asked. "No" Julio replied. "Ok that's alright take your time to calm down ill be outside the door if you wanna talk. Julio suddenly changed his mind and unlocked the door for Julieta. Julieta opened the door, finding Julio sitting on the floor with his arms around his knees. "Everybody hates me" Julio said. "No, we don't, Julio... youre just hurt" Julieta replied softly. "I didn't mean to yell at Pepa or any of you guys" Julio said. "We know it was all just a misunderstanding." Julieta said. "I miss her so much." Julio said. "We all do even if we didn't know her that well she was a kind woman." Julieta said. Julio started crying, and then hugged Julieta tightly.

Julieta wasn't expecting a hug from the little boy. "I'm kinda hungry now" Julio said as he wiped his tears. Julieta smiled. "Ok let's go eat dinner it should still be warm. So the family gathered around the table and started to eat together.

End of chapter