day 1

Group one (Julieta,agustin,Isabela,Luisa,and mirabel)

After the family gets done talking about their plan, Julieta gathers her side of the family and goes out to find where Julio has gone. Julio is sitting next to a tree near the river reading a book. He hears footsteps but thinks nothing of it. In the corner of his eye, he sees mirabel. Leaned up against the tree. "Good book?" Mirabel asks. Julio nodded his head with a smile. "My mom is looking for you mirabel said with a smile. "Did I do something?" Julio asked. "No, she needs you to do something," mirabel said with a smile. So Julio closed his book and went with mirabel. Julieta is walking back to Casita when she hears mirabel talking to someone behind her. Julieta turns around and sees that mirabel is with Julio. "There you are, Julio," Julieta said. "Mirabel said you needed me to do something?" Julio replied. Julieta looked at mirabel with confusion. Mirabel shrugged with a smile.

"No , no, I was wondering what your favorite food was." Julieta said. "Why?" Julio replied in confusion. "Because I want you to be comfortable living here, and you help us out a lot, so I would like to show my appreciation," Julieta replied. "Um... I'm not sure, actually." Julio replied. "Was there anything your mom made for you that you enjoyed?" Julieta asked. "Not that I can remember," Julio replied. "Well, if you think of anything, let me know, and I'll make it." Julieta said. "I like your arepas." Julio said. Julieta smiled. "Arepas it is then," Julieta said softly. Julio smiled back.

Later that day.
Julieta told Alma what his favorite food was. "He told me he likes my arepas, and that warmed my heart a lot," Julieta said. "Ok, I want each of you to figure out what he likes. Whether it's his favorite food color,etc, " Alma explained. Mirabel walked in and told abulea that he liked to read. "So we got another reader in our family that'll be easy." Alma explained.

Isabella is spending time with Julio in the village to see what else he likes without him knowing. "What do you want to do?"Isabella asked politely. "I don't know," Julio replied. Isabella then bloomed some flowers to find out what his favorite color was without him knowing. Julio is amazed at how many flowers bloomed at once. "I knew you could bloom flower, but I didn't know you could bloom this many at once." Julio said. Isabella smiled. "Do you see any you like?" Isabella asked. Julio then picked up a red flower. Isabella walked over to Julio. "Do you like that one?" Isabella asked. "I do red is my favorite color." Julio replied. Isabella smiled. "It's a beautiful color." Isabella said.

It's now evening, and Isabella tells Alma what his favorite color is. "He said his favorite color is red," Isabella said. "Ok, good, we'll continue tomorrow," Alma said. Julio is walking down the hall when all of a sudden he smells something good. "What's that smell?" Julio asks himself. He continues down the hallway and goes down the stairs and into the kitchen. He sees Julieta making some food but can't tell what. So Julio gets closer, and Julieta notices Julio walking in. Julieta smiles. "It's smells good in here." Julio said. "That's because I made some arepas for dinner." Julieta said with a smile. Julieta hands Julio the platter of arepas. "Can you set this on the table, please?" Julieta asked. Julio nodded his head and went into the dining area. On his way in, he took one of the arepas and ate it.

The madrigals then sat around the table and had dinner together

End of chapter