II. alone or lonely?

song: everything sucks - vaultboy

jisung

"hey! wait up for me!"

i shouted to my friends who were kicking a ball along the sidewalk, completely carefree of the rain. i was carrying two umbrellas, using one for my protection. after school, we had all agreed to hang out at hyunjin's house. 

hyunjin, one of the two friends who were with me right now was an astonishingly good looking boy, with sharp, cat-like eyes and medium length hair, of course styled to perfection. honestly, the voices in my head, constantly comparing me to him, were getting louder by the second.

"jisung, look at this trick i learnt today!"

my other friend, changbin exclaimed after i had caught up to them. he was extremely muscular and well built with sharp features complimenting his face. i hated noticing these achievements that my mediocre self would never be able to live up to, though no one was asking me to.

"bin, your elbows can't even touch each other, what do you mean trick?" i joked to keep up with the lighthearted theme.

"no, jisung let him do it! it'll be fun!" hyunjin added on before grinning. 

"this is football! it has nothing to do with my arms!" changbin counterattacked before faking an angry expression and kicking the ball to me. i knew nothing of football, i was just preparing myself for the mockery and humiliation i was about to face.

"if you're so good at it, then kick it yourself!" what was meant to be a joke sounded like a harsh insult to me. i was just so off today.

i proceeded to kick the ball, but it flew in an unexpected direction, with three pairs of wide eyes following it. it rolled into the long alleyway we were standing in front of. it would take some time to get that ball back.

"i can get it, both of you just head on" changbin offered, looking guilty for some reason.

"no, its ok, i'm sorry about that, i'll get it and meet you guys at hyunjin's house" i said. i had to receive some consequence for my actions. i also needed some time to be alone.

"ok, well be safe!" hyunjin called out with a caring look on his face. i'm grateful.

...

a few minutes had passed before i made it to the end. i had derived two conclusions by now, number one, the alleyway wasn't nearly as long as i thought it would be, and number two, the ball had disappeared to the matrix, because i couldn't find it. how hard could i have possibly kicked it? 

i walked a couple more steps before seeing something so completely unexpected. 

a garden? it was almost just as pretty as the girl who caught my eye. why was she here? who was she?  my eyes widened in surprise.

....

a/n: had to edit this one too why is my writing so asdjklfh😭