XII. forgive, forget, repeat

song:creepin' (with the weeknd & 21 savage)-metro boomin, the weeknd, 21 savage

moonbyeol

it was almost half past ten. though there was no engaging conversation between us, i didn't want to leave. i wanted to avoid my mother, and i wanted to stay longer with jisung. it was comfortable around him. i didn't feel the need to filter myself.

"when do you need to get home?" i asked half-heartedly, because of the constant buzzing of his phone. it must've been his parents. he flipped his phone so that he could type something, and kept it back, faced down. "whenever." would my mom really care if i didn't come back for the night?

"i'm probably not leaving any time soon. you should just go." jisung wouldn't stay the entire night. "why's that?" he had to be curious about that. "avoiding home." i said, casually.

"you still need to sleep." his eyes held traces of worry. "i hate to admit it, but you're right." i sighed. i should start earning money to get my own apartment. "well then, i should probably get going."

"so when are we gonna do the song thing?" he looked eager. "uhh tomorrow? are your parents okay with you bringing a stranger home?" i felt like i was overstepping boundaries. "they won't mind." he shrugged his shoulders, nonchalantly.

i was feeling really bold. "maybe you should give me your number, just in case." i let it slip out. was it because i wanted to make a move? or was i actually just preparing for plan b? he faltered a little, but smiled nonetheless. "sure, what's your number?" 

we exchanged our numbers. "what should i save you as?" he chuckled a bit, at my stubbornness. "whatever you want." at the moment i was more concerned about how i was going to hide the 'bam' from my mother. jisung must've noticed my gaze towards the creature.

"i can take her home, temporarily, if you want." he caught onto my concerns. "no, it's really okay, thank you so much." i smiled, genuinely, to my surprise. it was awkward, bidding each other farewell because neither of us wanted to leave.

as jisung disappeared from my sight, the cold night took me in its embrace again. the stars were barely visible, in the pitch black void. however, on my walk back home, my eyes had caught on to a single shining light in the sky, apparently following the kitten and i, on our journey back home.

it was eleven. my mother was still awake. i soundlessly opened the door,  holding bam closer to me, on instinct. "where were you?" my mom, now in the kitchen, cleaning up, raised her eyebrow. her eyes scanned my body and stopped at bam, in my hands. "you brought home a kitten?" her face softened. "did you name it?"

"yeah, her name's bam, as in night." my mother extended her arms, silently asking if she could hold it. "careful, she's sleeping." i cautiously handed bam over to her. she cooed at the baby kitten in her lap. she left the kitchen, me following, to put bam on the couch. 

"do you wanna watch a movie?" she asked. our relationship was complicated. i knew she cared about me, i just didn't appreciate how she used me as her punching bag. "sure."

and just like that, i was laying my head on her lap, and wordlessly forgiving her.