XIV. music and nervous wrecks

song:ganadara (feat. iu)-jay park, iu

 iu)-jay park, iu

jisung

i anxiously waited at my doorstep. she would be here any minute now. why was i so eager to see her again? complimenting the impatience, there was a twinge of irritation, barely felt, because i didn't know her goddamn name.

my senses heightened when i finally heard the doorbell ring. i fumbled to open the door. "hi" she stared down at the ground, bag hung over her shoulder, with a stiff smile. "hello" i positioned the door so she could come in. she stepped in and looked around.

"you have a nice house" her inability to conduct small-talk was similar to mine. "skip the small-talk, i'm not good at it." i nervously smiled, leading her to my room. "so this is..it" i gestured with my hands. i switched on my computer and we waited for it to start up in awkward silence.

"i was thinking, maybe you could show me some of your previous projects, so i can understand your style" she attempted to make conversation. "sure". my computer had loaded up by now. i played her one of my favorite tracks.

she seemed to listen attentively, furrowing her eyebrows. it pleasantly surprised me that she actually cared so much. the music came to an end. i let out a breath i was unknowingly holding in. 

i feel frustrated with everything
to the sounds i can hear to the end, i close my ears

"you wrote the lyrics yourself?" her genuine interest elated me. i nodded my head. "wow, you're really talented" she looked pleasantly surprised. i grinned. "what about you?". she fumbled to take the device out of her bag. "so, i don't really make rap heavy songs, like you" she disclaimed to me. i smiled.

"that isn't a problem" i said as she hit the play button. each new note graciously floated in the air it was unsurprisingly relaxing. 

No matter what you see, can your eyes please stay on me?
Even when I dullen with time, please tell me I still shine

i didn't know what to say. it was beautiful. before i knew it, we were just standing there, in silence, me in a sense of speechlessness, and her, a mystery. "did you like it?" the question was asked with identifiable disappointment, as if she thought my lack of reaction was negative.

"i..it was just- wow, that was beautiful" i hoped my awed expression would reassure her. "thanks" i saw her try to contain an irrepressible smile. "so, how do you plan to start making the new track?" she fiddled with some keys on the laptop.

"i don't know, i was hoping you'd tell me." silence. "uhh well, does the project have a due date?" she looked away from the laptop, and at me. "yeah it's due...yesterday." more silence. "but it's just between my friends and i, so it's not official matters or anything." i added, realizing she might've thought the due date was seriously taken.

"ok, let's do this step by step." she tapped the beanbag beside the chair she was sitting in, asking me to sit there. "first, what kind of song should it be?" it just didn't come to me, what me and chan decided upon that day. i've been too out of focus lately. 

"a love song?" for the most part, i was questioning myself at the blurting of one of the most generic types of music. a few seconds later, a realisation seeped in, how weird it would be to ask her to help me with a love song. "ok, very well then."

she clicked on spotify, and searched for a playlist. "i think these type of love songs would be nice to produce. i think we should sit here and listen to the music for some time" she grabbed the laptop and a notebook from her bag, moved over to the bed, leaned against the headrest and pressed play. 

the music playing device was was no longer held in her hands, but placed beside her, as her eyes wandered off to a place of distant thought. i could stare at her all day. "are we trying to write some lyrics now?" i inquired, offering my best assumption, from her actions. she uttered a word of agreement and went back to mindlessly doodling in her book.

i don't have a single fucking idea for the lyrics. i mean, i asked for help for this very reason. she's going to be so annoyed if she sees me wasting my time. the overthinking was clouding my mind again. so instead, i singled out the music, trying to discern every note and syllable.

....

a/n: guys pls stop being silent readers, comment :)